Chapter 10

Who is he to decide where I should sleep? And all of a sudden, why does he want to sleep in my room? I am about to voice my thoughts, but I see he has already left... I want to know today why he is blaming me. I want to see the story from his point of view. I suddenly feel someone shaking me lightly and coming out of my thoughts, I see a worried Arnav.

Arnav (worried) - are you okay? I was calling you out for so long but you didn't answer me...

He tries to touch me to check my temperature, but I move back.

Me (annoyed) - Where was this concern when I was sick in the first week of our marriage?

Flashback

A girl with tears in her eyes and a runny nose is walking out of her room to the dining table. An elderly lady sees this, runs up to her, and makes her sit down.

Ratna (worried) - Khushi, how did you get so sick? You were just fine yesterday.

Khushi looks at Ratna with a scared expression. How can she tell her that she was dancing in the rain? Because, that is one of her favourite things to do, no matter if she is sad or happy.

Khushi (worried) - I don't know...

Ratna looks at Khushi with a worried expression and checks her forehead to see if she has a fever.

Ratna (worried) - Oh no, Khushi... we should see a doctor...

Suddenly, Ratna notices Arnav descending the stairs and shouts for his attention.

Arnav (annoyed) - not now, ma... I have got an important meeting, I am leaving.

Ratna (worried) - Choote, Khushi has a fever...

Arnav (annoyed) - so, I can't miss my meeting with her... I am going to work, take the driver or something...

Ratna (annoyed) - Choote, your papa, has taken our second car... and you are taking one to work. There isn't one left for us... at least take us to the clinic.

Arnav (annoyed) - What the... call an uber ma, (phone rings), Yes Aman I am leaving...

With a huff, he leaves the mansion, while Ratna has to take the Uber.

Flashback ends

Arnav (annoyed) - what the. Khushi, I had an important meeting that day, and you did get to the clinic on time, so what's the problem?

I stare at him with an annoyed expression, does he think I am dumb? I heard that day, when he came home from work that the meeting wasn't necessary.

Me (annoyed) - But, I heard it wasn't important...

Arnav (annoyed) - Khushi, that was the second meeting I had on the day... The morning one was with all the stakeholders. You can ask Dad for that. I did have time to drop you off, and I won't deny that but my anger took over me and I left. However, after I came home that day, you were resting.

Flashback

Arnav walks in with a smile on his face, feeling proud at how he handled the meeting and looks at his mother who is frowning at him.

Ratna (annoyed) - You have become so old that you don't listen to your mum?

Arnav stares at his mother with a confused expression.

Ratna (annoyed) - I asked you for one thing, Arnav and you couldn't even do that. Why did you not drop Khushi and me at the clinic? Your papa told me that you went early. That poor girl is sleeping in her bed right now, with tears. The doctor told us she needed rest and prescribed us medicines to reduce her fever, however, she looked so tired and sleepy that I had been letting her sleep. It's your job to make sure she takes the tablet to reduce her fever.

Arnav (shocked) - what the... ma...

Before Arnav can continue his argument, his mother leaves him while he reluctantly walks to Khushi's room. There, he sees that she is about to fall from the bed, and he rushes to stop the incident from happening. Arriving, right on time, he puts Khushi in bed and then checks her forehead

Arnav (worried and thinking) - she is still warm... her fever is still there. Should I wake her up? But that would ruin her sleep... The medicines? How will I give her them? I should do it the old way.

Arnav goes out of the room, and to the kitchen where he fills up a bowl with water and takes a cloth. Finally, with everything he walks to Khushi's room and starts to use the cloth and water to lower her fever. He used the damp drap to put on Khushi's head and kept repeating the method until he felt her fever reducing and then silently left the room while putting the medicine on the table before Khushi woke up.

Flashback ends

I stared at Arnav with an annoyed expression, so he just left that medicine in my room, seeing me sleeping and left. Wow, Arnav. That doesn't do anything.
Arnav (upset) - I am sorry for that day... I was being cruel.

I stare at him with anger, sorry? Does he seriously think sorry can fix everything...because it can't, however, I don't say anything because I want to know why he didn't trust me.

Me (annoyed) - please tell me about Maya

Arnav (upset) - I wanna share with you and solve the misunderstanding but I need to prepare myself ... to talk about her death because I was there when she died... I had her in my arms... As she took her last....last br...bre...breath

I stare at Arnav with a shocked expression, It hurts a lot when the person who you love to care, about dies and it hurts even more when they dies in your arms...who else would know it more than me... my nani... my grandmother who treated me with love and she is the reason why I am alive...she died in her sleep... While sleeping next to me... I cried and screamed for her to come back... but she didn't... I know Arnav isn't ready to tell me about her death, so I won't force him... But at least he could share his love story... but again I don't want to force him.

Me (consoling him) - If you don't want to share then...

Arnav (upset) - I will... sit down on the bed and I will explain

Please vote and let me know your views on this story

PS: Not edited, so ignore all grammar and spelling errors.