Chapter 6

Meanwhile outside the room

Arnav (angry) - Dad, I think we should file a court order for the Guptas...

Arvind (confused) - Arnav at least tell me what happened...

Arnav (angry) - Yesterday, when you forcefully sent me home to freshen up... I did go but not home, but to Aman's house... which was closer than Raizada Mansion... therefore, I came to the hospital faster. As I was heading towards Khushi's room, the receptionist told me her parents were there and you both left to give them privacy... for some unknown reason.... I decided to go to Khushi's room... and thank God, I went. For proof, I recorded the conversation that happened.

On - Recording

Garima (crying) - what happened to our daughter?...

Shashi (annoyed) - Why do you care, Garima? This girl was a mistake anyway... we never wanted children... and if we ever got a child... I told you before that it had to be a male... but we got her... and you couldn't give birth again... due to complications during pregnancy... let her die... why care about her now?

Garima (angry) - Shashiji... how can you say this? Yes... I agree that Khushi was a mistake... and yes, I agree that I never wanted her... nor cared for her... but I am not a cruel mother to want her to die... she is after all our child...

Shashi (annoyed) - Shut up! If she wasn't born then this situation would have never arrived... Arnav wouldn't be mad... at me... it's all this girl's and Maya's fault...

Garima (annoyed) - Shashiji, just remember, if it wasn't for Khushi then the marriage would have never occurred and Arnav would have never saved your business ... we should be thankful for her...

Shashi (annoyed) - if I had a son... then he would have made me prouder.... This Khushi has made me feel nothing but disappointment and anger...

End- Recording

Arvind immediately looks at Arnav with bloodshot eyes. Anger is clearly visible.

Arvind (angry) - How dare they? I will not spare these Guptas... how could they think so low for my daughter?

Arvind starts to march towards the exit when Arnav stops in his tracks.

Arnav (angry) - Dad... I am as angry as you... if not more... we can't take steps in anger dad... I have learnt my lesson... if we go now to the Guptas and confront them... it won't have any effect on them... they will just blame Khushi for their problems... if we break the deal... then again they will blame Khushi... we need to do something to make them realise what Khushi is worth... to show them that having a daughter isn't shameful but it makes you proud...

Arvind (confused) - I don't get why we have to do this Arnav... Ratna and I can pamper her and give her the love that she deserves...

Arnav (upset) - You don't understand dad, she loves you both... but the love she should get from her parents would be a different love... Yes, you guys can love her and pamper her... but again, it would be amazing for her if she got her own parents' love... also, I know Khushi is craving for that love... she won't tell us but I know from young, that she will not ask people for anything... she will always adjust...

Meanwhile Khushi's wardroom

I am talking to Ma while staring at the door. Why am I getting nervous? Why am I waiting for him? Soon, the door opens, and I immediately look with a nervous face at the door, and to my disappointment it is the nurse with the food. I know the food is supposed to be healthy for me, and all, but hospital food makes me feel even more sick. I scrunch my face up looking at it, however, I don't say anything to Ma when she offers me the food. How can I tell her I don't like the food? She would think I am spoiled and would hate me... just like mum did, when I got sick last time.