1

Welcome to chapter 1 of 'Back to square one' :D

   The sun blazed brighter than usual that morning. Cole felt strangely elated and calm despite the recent events and the shameful fact that he is being re-trained. 
   "You look happy." Zane said at the smile on Cole's face. "Are you hungry?" He asked. Cole glanced at the mouth watering food on the table but shook his head. 
   "Nah, not really..." He said. Zane raised his eyebrow. 
   "Are you sure? I can't guarantee that there will be any left after training." He joked. Cole nodded. 
   "Thanks anyway!" He said, leaving the kitchen. Honestly, Cole would've eaten the whole table if he could but... he really thought he looked like he'd gained weight, but that wasn't important right now. He walked out into the courtyard and to Master Wu, who was talking to Xue Xue. More like a brick wall. Cole thought at the bored look on Xue Xue's face. That bored look instantly turned to a scowl as Xue Xue looked at Cole. Cole grimaced back. He did not want a scolding from Master Wu at eight in the morning. 
   "Ah, Cole, good morning." Master Wu said. Cole smiled. 
   "Good morning Sensei." He said happily. He wasn't going to let anything ruin his day. 
   "Greet each other." Master Wu then said, nodding to Xue Xue and Cole. Cole smiled at Xue Xue. 
   "Good morning." He said, slightly sarcastically. 
   "Good... morning..." Xue Xue hissed through gritted teeth. The tension was unbearable. Master Wu sighed in disbelief. 
   "I feel like I'm teaching children..." He mumbled in exasperation. "Never mind greetings. From now on, you two will be training together and will get along, understood?" He said. Cole nodded, obviously trying to please his Master and Xue Xue just crossed his arms, still scowling. Just then, Nya and Lili passed by. The difference between Lili and Xue Xue was that Lili had forgiven Cole a long long time ago, but Xue Xue was dead set on hating him, even if it was the choice of a million pounds or hating Cole, Cole was sure he'd pick the latter. Xue Xue's face lit up as he saw Lili and he smiled and waved at her. Lili waved back and Nya waved too. Xue Xue only hated Cole. Cole thought he knew why, but really, what good does it do to anyone dwelling on the past? "Focus." Master Wu snapped his fingers and Xue Xue went back to scowling. "Right, show me what you've got." 

   Cole and Xue Xue stood facing each other. I'll go easy on him- Cole didn't even have the chance to finish his thought when he felt a heavy kick to his cheek. He stumbled sideways and glared at Xue Xue. Man... you really do hate me, don't you. Cole thought. He swung his fist at Xue Xue's face but Xue Xue managed to dodge just in time. Damnit... his reflexes probably come from skating. Cole thought. Too bad you're not the only one who does that! Cole aimed again for Xue Xue's face but as Xue Xue stepped back, he kicked his ankles from under him and Xue Xue thumped to the floor. He glared at Cole and kicked at his knees. I'll give it to you, you don't know when to give up. Cole thought, slightly annoyed. Xue Xue side stepped Cole and dropped down, copying Cole's move and kicking Cole's ankles from under him. Cole jumped up and grabbed Xue Xue's arm, twisting it. Xue Xue gasped and twisted himself free. It looked like they were dancing with each other. Xue Xue punched Cole's stomach but was met with a fist to his jaw. Xue Xue fell back and lied there, panting. Cole breathed heavily. He really was holding back, if he wasn't Xue Xue would've died from his first punch. Cole held his hand out to Xue Xue but all he got was his hand slapped away. Xue Xue stumbled to his feet, wiping blood from his lips. 
   "I don't need your help." He hissed. Xue Xue walked away, his arms and face grazed and bruising. Master Wu gently put his hand on Cole's shoulder. 
   "After lunch, we will begin with the second half of today's training." He said. 

   Cole flopped down on his bed. He didn't know what to do to apologise to Xue Xue. Even if he died for him, he doubted that Xue Xue would forgive him. There was a knock on the door and Kai opened it. 
   "Hello." He smiled cheekily as he locked the door behind him. 
   "What'd you lock the door for?" Cole laughed as Kai hugged him. 
   "So no one bothers us." Kai said, smiling into Cole's neck. Cole laughed. "How are you feeling?" Kai asked. 
   "Alright, I have a headache but that's probably Sensei's medicine kicking in." Cole laughed. Kai kissed Cole gently and squeezed his face. 
   "Whatever you say." He smiled. Kai sighed and lied next to Cole. 
   "You don't wanna do anything?" Cole asked, as if he was slightly disappointed. 
   "Hmm?" Kai grinned at him. "Why? Do you want to?" He said, his hand running down Cole's front. Cole blushed, realising what he'd said. 
   "Um... I mean..." He covered his face and almost melted in embarrassment. 
   "Haha!" Kai laughed. "I missed you..." He mumbled, hugging Cole tightly. Cole glanced down at Kai and felt him shaking. 
   "... I missed you too..." He said hugging him back. Kai trembled and cried quietly into Cole's shoulder. 
   "I promise... I promise, I will protect you next time." He said. 
   "I'm counting on you." Cole said, smiling sadly. Kai nodded. He rubbed his eyes on Cole's shoulder and stared at him. 
   "Can I kiss you?" He asked. 

Lava content. I'm not ok rn ;-;