Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

"So, what's going on with you and Olivia? I guess that hope payed off. I seen the way you two were snuggle buddies." He laughed. I cursed underneath my breath.

"None of your business." I said simply.

"You are right but let's be honest for a moment. She's way out of your league. What's the deal? You got dirt on her or something?" Alex eyes me as he gets off the couch.

I widen my eyes. No way he just asked me that. What happened between Olivia and I was just a mistake that continued for longer than necessary. Not that it was his business anyway.

"Last time I checked, Maddison was your girlfriend. Why are you worried about Olivia?" I asked arching my eyebrow.

"Okay, since you wanna play stupid. I'll just explain it to you gently." He walked closer to me with a grin on his face. God, I wanted to punch it off of his face.

"You come from nothing. You don't think people know about you? That your mother is constantly on some street corner begging for money. You are dirt poor. You are embarrassing, you would only taint Olivia and drag her down into a shitty life. Your father, where is he? Probably off happier with a better family, better son." Alex laughed.

I squeezed my fists and I could feel the sting from my nails digging into my skin.

"You don't think I tell Maddy not be around you? Yet she insists. I just think she pitying you because she knows deep down you are nothing but a lonely, freak of nature-"

I did it. I punched him. I punched him again. He pushed me back. I stumbled and Alex punched me hard. We were fighting and I could hear screaming. I didn't want to stop and it was evident Alex wasn't gonna stop either.

"Why are y'all just watching?!"

"Someone call the cops!"

"Alex stop! Alex stop please!"

Suddenly, I was pulled back. I let myself be pulled away. I couldn't focus. My fists were burning. I'm sure I broke a finger or two. My head was pounding. I couldn't believe that asshole saying those things about me. He didn't know anything about my parents or me. Fuck, this is what I didn't want. I didn't want Maddison to be in my life. I didn't want to be her fucking friend. I didn't want to know Olivia or let it get that far. My heart was a beating a mile a minute. My hands were shaking. Part of me, felt a sick joy for beating that jerk's ass.

"Uh- hey?"

I looked up, I didn't expect to see serenity. I thought Maddison or maybe...Olivia grabbed me. No, that was wishful thinking. Maddison would go to Alex first despite what he said to me. Not that it would matter to her anyway, especially if that's what she truly thought of me? Fuck! It didn't matter anyway I didn't need her.

"Are you okay? I heard things breaking. Then I saw the fighting. You are bleeding so much right now-"

"Why do you care? You don't know me." I snapped. I didn't need pity from her, I didn't need saving.

"It's the right thing to do. No one was making a move to stop the altercation between y'all. I was scared that you guys were gonna fight to the death." Serenity said with a shaky voice.

"Let me take you to the hospital? You have wounds that look-"

"Can you please leave me alone? You don't owe me anything." I said falling on my ass in the wet grass.

"...you're right. I'm sorry. But I'm not gonna leave until I know you are okay. It's just how I was raised." Serenity said as she slowly lowered herself down. I rolled my eyes, I hated nice people. There was always some underlying weakness that came with them.

I leaned to the side and spit out the blood that was on my tongue. I rubbed my jaw, the pain of the fight finally settling in.

Maddison's POV

"What the hell was that? You know how much that case costs? My parents are gonna kill me!" Olivia whined as she sweeps the broken glass into a dust pan. Alex was quiet as he iced his face.

"Are you fucking deaf? What the hell Alex?" Olivia said storming over to us. She eyed us both.

"Don't give me that shit right now. You wouldn't care if you weren't screwing him." Alex said as he threw the ice pack to the side. I- I didn't know about that. Olivia was...sleeping with Henry?

"I'm sorry that I just gave him the real picture and he couldn't take it. I've told you multiple times that he a loser. An embarrassment. He got what he deserved." Alex shrugged his shoulders.

"You were sleeping with Henry? W- why?" I asked looking at Olivia.

"That's what you are worried about? Seriously? Yes, it's true. That has nothing to do with this. Your boyfriend is staining my couch with his blood." Olivia groaned as she rolled her eyes and just went back to cleaning.

"I think it does because you would've never gave Henry attention unless I found him." I said quickly without thinking. Olivia let out a loud laugh.

"It bothers you doesn't it? That he fucks me? That I got to him first?" Olivia asked squinting her eyes at me.

"Henry isn't your property, he's free game. I'm sorry that the boyfriend you have isn't enough to satisfy you." Olivia said with a smirk. I couldn't believe her, she knew what she was doing. She was bragging about it. That smirk told me all I needed to know.

"Why don't you take Alex and leave?" Olivia said pointing at the door. I turned to Alex, he was already standing and walking. Was he angry with me? If anything I deserved to be angry with him. I quickly followed after him.

"Why did you fight with him?" I asked

"Does it matter? He's not hurt. He fought back." Alex muttered.

"Still, he didn't deserve that. What did you say to him?" I questioned as I grabbed onto his wrist. We stopped walking and Alex remained quiet for a moment.

"Why didn't you say anything to Olivia?" He asked suddenly.

"W-what are you talking about? This isn't about that right now. This-"

"No, she was saying all that and you didn't tell her anything to prove that it was wrong. Does it bother you that they are screwing around?" He asked looking into my eyes. I opened and closed my mouth.

"I- I- Olivia doesn't know what's she talking about. She's just trying to get underneath our skin." I said moving my hand into his hand. Alex snatched his hand back.

"That's not answering my question." Alex said as his smile turned into a deep frown. He searched my face for some sort of answer that I couldn't give him verbally. Before I could talk, Alex just laughed and walked off.

"Alex! Alex, where are you going?" I yelled walking after him but didn't answer me. I sighed deeply, this is not how I wanted things to happen tonight. Olivia had managed to squeeze her way into my life and screw everything up. Alex probably thought that she was being truthfully with her words but...she wasn't.

He didn't even give me a chance to respond. I just was confused but that didn't mean that I didn't love him or love Henry. It was...just confusing. Yet, I watched as he walked further and further away from me.

Boom....damn....issues and more issues. Bye tho 🩵