Chapter 10: Miles and closure

Start from the beginning

It's a bit empty on a Thursday, no one but the staff ushering each other around. Surely, they wouldn't remember her. She's grown much ever since she last stepped in the place. There's probably new staff as well.

Fingers fiddling with eachother in front of her, Hanni walks up to the front desk.

The person on the chair immediately stands up, fixing her glasses. "Hi, welcome to Pure Form of M-" Her voice dies out, her eyes roaming the girl's form.

Hanni instantly recognizes her, but hides her shock, thinking the other girl wouldn't remember her.

However, the girl rushes out from behind the desk, and suddenly, Hanni's met with a big hug. The brunette doesn't hesitate to wrap her arms around the girl, tightly embracing her.

They stay there for a while, Hanni trying to fight the tears that threaten to escape. "I didn't think you'd still be here." She says, her voice croaky.

Rei pulls back to look at her with feigned hurt. "I can't believe you'd think I'd leave here." She makes a wonky face, making Hanni laugh through her tears.

They walk over to the dining era, sitting at a random table. "This place has changed quite a bit." Hanni looks around, seeing new renovations being added.

The blonde nods, letting out a breath. "It's better and more popular than ever."

Hanni doesn't exactly have much to say. She came her on impulse, and now that she's here, her head is blank.

Although, Rei notices her exhausted form. "How about we get something to eat? You look like you've been having some type of day." Rei offers.

The brunette hums, pushing her bangs to side. "I'd like that."

------

"So you cuddle with her, you've confessed in her sleep, you stick up for her, etc, but you still haven't properly confessed? I don't know, from all the things you've told me, it seems like she likes you as much as you do." Rei points her drink toward Hanni.

Hanni places her head on the palm of her hand. "What if I'm reading too much into it?" She counters, a frown on her lips.

Rei facepalms. "You have to be really oblivious to not see that she likes you, Hanni! She gets jealous whenever you talk to Yujin. That's a huge sign already. You see her almost everyday, 1 minute to talk to Yujin wouldn't be much of a problem if she didn't like you." She watches the brunette play with her food.

Wait.

Hanni perks up. "My friends told me Minji heard me sleep talk on the bus. Before that, Minji asked if I remembered anything I said on the bus that day but I told her I didn't and she ended up being really disappointed." The brunette recalls the moment, finally putting 1 and 1 together.

Minji likes her.

"She likes me...." Hanni's voice trails.

Although, Hanni sinks into her seat. "We had this conversation 4 years ago."

The blonde's smile turns into frown. "We have this conversation everytime you think you like someone over FaceTime. Then you trail back Minji once you figure out that they're not like her." Rei goes on, causing the brunette to grimace.

Rei sits up, placing her drink on the table. "What happened to Jihan is not going to happen to Minji. You need to realize that. It was an accident. I don't understand why you won't move on and let someone finally love you."

Hanni takes in the words, heart on the verge of combusting. "Maybe." She replies lowly, the thought of letting herself finally fall for Minji seething in.