Part 32

Going to school is not a task anymore; it's more of a little hangout! Y/n waits outside in front of the mailbox. Humming she looks around, waiting for her friends to pick her up. She walks a little down the sidewalk. She loved walking outside, seeing that it was a sunny day. As she stares up at the sky, she feels herself being lifted into the sky. Little by little, she is drifting closer to the stars; closing her eyes, she feels the cold wind embrace her face, feeling her body weightless and floating in space. Opening her eyes, she was faced with the planets, all with different hues and colors, admiring the beauty of it all.

"Agh!" She was transported back and saw that Jacob was on the floor and a woman was on the opposite side of him. 'Oh my gosh!". She runs to his aid. "Hey, watch it, dirtbag!" Jacob grumbles and tries to get up. Y/n helps him up and stares at who dropped him; it was the first student she met on her first day, "Sticks." She sized up Y/n and even scoffed, "What? it was his fault! He didn't move." With that, she skated away, her black hair still glistening in the sun. Jacob fixes his black hoodie and his faded blue ripped jeans. "She never looks where she's going; an absolute idiot." He continues walking forward towards school. "Uhm, Jacob? Are you sure you're okay? Are you waiting for Lilith, too?" He shrugged and, looking back, said, "Nah, I wanna walk on my own today."

She was confused and a little disheartened that her friend did not want to hang out. She stood there for a while and slowly saw his silhouette drift farther away from her. "Girl!" Lilith gently jumped onto her dear friend; "Whatcha looking at?" Y/n sighs and looks into Lilith's blue eyes "Jacob doesn't want to walk with us." Lilith nods, understanding.

"Girl! It's okay! Sometimes, it's good to be on your own sometimes! He's probably going through something, so let's give him space, yeah?"

Y/n nodded hesitantly; "I guess I understand...did we do something wrong?

" Probably? Probably not. Sometimes, it's something personal! When he's ready, he will open up with us!"

Y/n sighed, and they walked to school, enjoying each other's company. They talked about life and told each other they felt okay and good! Y/n loved telling Lilith about her little space dreams that she has; in which Lilith says that she has such a strong imagination. As they reached the front gates, where a white-haired man was waiting for them, Dolan.

"Good morning, girls! Looking beautiful as always!" He said, looking at both of them..mainly Y/n

"Oh, Dolan, you flirt!" Lilith giggled and punched his shoulder, which he winced,

"Yes!" he cleared his throat, "So my cousin isn't with you guys?" He said with a smile,

"No, sadly, he wanted to embark on his own," Y/n said, looking down.

"Oh! Don't worry about him! He has a lot on his mind right now!" He smiles and gently goes behind Y/n, placing his warm hand on her back, which in his own body sends shivers as he gently pushes her into the schoolyard; "Alrighty! Let's head to class, shall we?" He smiled as he sadly took away his hand, oh, what he would give to do that again. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This isn't real! It can't be!" Cody paced in Y/n's room. He needs to learn more about how they know him and if they can help him. Could he..Communicate with them? How? He yelled in frustration. Wait! They talked about how someone "posted" something online in his name. He got up and sat at Y/n's desk and opened it up, only to see a password, "Shit." He tries any combination of numbers, her last name, and even her food. He grumbles but then realizes something, blushing..he typed in his name, and it unlocked, "Wow, doll face, we need to have a talk later." He cleared his throat and immediately saw that the post was there...it was about him! "Oh, doll face...we really do need to talk." 

Just then, he heard the door knob jiggle. He closed the computer and accidentally exited out of the page. Panicking, he hid under the bed. Who came in was Mr. North, panting. "I must have seen something. Oh my God...my daughter lives in his old room!" he exclaims as he looks around the room, reliving every memory they had in that room, from reading comics to looking at magazines, him bringing his Nintendo over and playing together. It was absolutely phenomenal how they got so close together. Sighing, he sat on the edge of the bed.

Cody tried to stay as quiet as he could. "Where are you?" He heard the older man start to cry, this made his non-existent heartache, but it made him realize that he did know this man; sadly, he will never know from where, but it was nice to be around him. Easing into his spot, Cody unexpectedly phased through the floor, making him come face-to-face with a locked cabinet. 

Startled he falls onto the floor and stares at the cabinet. All of a sudden he has the sudden urge to open it...he needs to open it. He reached for it, and as he touched it, it felt like electricity was forced into his body, which made him scream in pain. He fell to the floor and was panting as he looked at it, and slowly, his vision became hazy, and he relived a memory of the faceless girl. 

Both of them relaxing on the couch and enjoying each other's company. She whispers something into his ear, which makes him laugh, and takes out a large album full of old pictures of him and what was presumed to be his best friend at the party. And in a flash, he was back in reality, still facing the cabinet. In just a split second, he knew; that his next goal was to open that damn cabinet, even if it would be the last thing he did.