Part 19

Music was being heard from the kitchen. Footsteps that were repeating in rhythm with laughter and giggles. Y/n and her father were cooking chicken parmesan together. Due to the mother's request, there were no maids or cooks or even butlers in the house. She was worried that anyone could take away her husband but, she never thought her own child would. Y/n was mixing the egg while her father twirled around her with the flour making some spill onto the floor. Cody himself was just jamming on top of the counter making her giggle more. 

After almost an hour, the chicken was finally done and ready to be served. "Y/n sweetie! Can you go set up the table? Pretty please?" she nodded and skipped out setting the table. Her mother on the other hand was glaring as she saw her enemy. "You little brat.." Y/n heard this and lowered her head, "I-I am sorry that I caused you discomfort in an way mother.." Cody scoffed and decided to have some fun. Mrs. North was already storming toward her daughter's way to discipline her until Cody threw a paper ball at the back of her head. "Oh! I forgot to shout look out! Ah, oh well." he winked at Y/n making her try not to laugh.

Her mother turned around face red only to see that no one was there. she hissed under her breath and turned back to her daughter, only to receive two more throws at her head. She turned around abruptly showing that there is no one again. "WHO IS DOING THAT?! SHOW YOURSELF!" Just then her husband came out with the dish for each of them, "Hello my love! Looks like you were playing with our daughter, I knew this move would help you get more familiar with your daughter!" He kissed both of their cheeks, "Y-Yes father! Now let us eat." she smiled innocently and secretly high-fived her phantom friend. 

Cody felt warmth to see that he protected his love interest. If only he was alive..he could comfort and hold her even though he can do that still which is odd to him. He sighed and sat at the empty chair next to Y/n smiling at her which she replies with a smile as well. "That good huh, we should open a restaurant!" her father said making them both laugh.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After dinner she excused herself and got ready for bed. Opening her door to her chambers she let a light giggle. "Today was so much fun! I acquired more knowledge about my age group and how others act! It is so interesting to see that we are all not alike." Cody chuckled, "Its cute to see you get this excited doll. It's like looking at a baby get excited for a new toy." he sits on the bed, "I mean it's gonna get more tiresome, trust me. Waking up early to go to school is gonna suck." Y/n hummed not really paying attention. Cody scoffs and sees what she is doing only to see that she is reading a love book, he smirks and pokes the sided of her head, she squeals, "H-Hey! please refrain from scaring me like that," he laughs, "Nah, until you start talking like a normal teenager like, repeat after me, 'Quit scaring me!'" she looks at him oddly, "That is extremely improper." "Yeah, but you saw that is how kids speak, including in that lovey dove book of yours." She sighs, it is true but if she were to ever talk like that in the house, she would for sure get in trouble. "Maybe another time." She continues to read.

Cody shrugs his shoulders and decides to go through her backpack, "Oooooo fancy stuff!" he then sees a note that was put in her backpack. He grabbed it and turned it over making his eye widen. he reads the note:

My dearest Y/n,

I have snuck this photo of your beloved phantom to show his true colors. If you would like to know more, please meet me behind the school. I will be waiting daily my love. I am only here to protect you and to cherish you.

Love; Secret Lover

He felt his eyes turn cold and glared at the photo of his mental breakdown at the library and ripped it apart. Opening the window he threw it out. "Why did you open the window?" he forgot he wasn't alone, "O-oh uh, it was getting musty in here." she nods in agreement as she closed the book, "Since we must awake in the morning, we should enter our slumber now." she turned off the lights making Cody hold one of his arms shyly, "Hey doll? It is okay for me to sleep with you again right?" she nods smiling. He did not hesitate as he crawled into bed with her. he cuddles close to her holding her waist. She gently runs her fingers through her hair since it is what she learned in the book, "Does this action comfort you?" he chuckles, "Yes sweetheart, it does." They drifted to sleep

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While the two were asleep, Mrs. and Mr. North were relaxing in front of the fireplace. "My queen, why were you screaming when I came out?" she smiled, "Nothing to worry about my king, Y/n and I were playing pretend." he nods and sighs comforting his wife. "She is growing up so fast! I'm so happy that she is growing to be more independent too, but what worries me is that I think she might be too innocent." Mrs. North hummed, "Honey, she has been home for much too long, it is also good that we let her go to school since now we have more alone time~" he chuckled at his flirtatious wife, "Well my love, it seems that I might be home more often." she could not even express how much joy she had. "That is just wonderful!" she gently kissed her husband's lips with hers. 

It was great news for both of them but, she was worried that this would also be another way on how her daughter can steal her husband. Just means that she now has to discipline her daughter whenever her husband leaves. she chuckles a bit as she cuddles next to her husband now in their own bed. Oh what joy she is feeling. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun rose above the mountains above the evergreen forest. Cody nuzzled against Y/n not wishing to wake up grumbling. Y/n shot her eyes open as she heard her alarm, he grumbles again, "It's too early sweetheart! Go back to sleepy time wit Cody." he pouted no longer feeling the warmth of his companion. Y/n was already getting ready when he sat up seeing her getting undressed, his face got red and laid back down grabbing the pillow and covering his face screaming. Y/n decided to dress up in Y/o (your outfit) with y/h (your hairstyle) "It seems to be another great day Cody! I can feel it!" he grumbled, "Skiiiiiiip and sleep in with meeeee" she giggled, "C'mon, you too my ghosty companion!" he sighed and got up, "How the hell am I so groggy if I'm deaaaad." he floated lazily out of the room and Y/n followed.

The smell of hash browns and pancakes flooded the whole household making Y/n's mouth water. Cody whimpered, "I wish I could eat.." she smiled and walked down the stairs. Cody winced at the stairs remembering how terribly Mrs. North dragged her own daughter up the stairs by her own hair. He will make sure that nothing terrible happens to her. 

"Morning sunshine! Are you ready to start the second day of school?" Her father was wearing a pink apron making her lightly laugh, "Yes father." he smiled and served her a plate, "So, I was thinking. If you ever make any friends, you know you can bring them over right? It would be fun not to be alone anymore with just your mom." she smiled at the thought and nodded. They both ate and they climbed into their driver's car and dropped off Y/n at school, "Have a good day sweetie! Love you!" she waved and walked to the plaza and decided to sit under a tree and continue reading, "We have a few minutes until my first class starts. Cody nodded and played down next to her. "Hope it stays this simple sweet heart, 'cause this is way too peaceful." she giggles, "Enjoy it while you can sir." 

A/N: Okay! I tried to make it longer! Next chapter is coming soon! Thank you for the ton of reads! Love you all!