Part 27

AN//: Nothing wrong with this one! I promise!

Y/n wakes up grumbling. Finally, it's the weekend. She slowly rises out of bed, stretching. "Time to avoid my mother as long as I can." her h/c is a tangled mess; she struggles to get out. It's cold. Finally, she gets up due to needing to use the restroom. Y/n usually sleeps well, but it felt like something terrible happened last night, not to mention that she was being watched. Now that it was morning, she walked towards the blinds and opened them wide. The sunlight bathes her b/t(body type) s/c figure, and she sighs in relief. 

Turning around, she had decided that she would not shower today since it was unnecessary, and two, she took a shower last night. Opening the closet, she puts on (your outfit) and stretches. Walking away, she crouches near a pile of bags; she went shopping with Lilian last night. She takes out more stationary, a small desk calendar, and some new clothes (some are twining outfits with Lilian). In another giant bag, she had decided to decorate her room once more, Of course, keeping some universal decor. 

It had been about two hours since Y/n had awoken, and she had officially finished her reorganization and decoration. Now the room has tints of F/c(favorite color) that paired well with the stars and posters she had bought Cody. Sighing, she sat down at her desk, grabbing a red pen and the little calendar; she put a small note which said 'days without Cody' and drew smalls x's on each day and week. It has been two weeks since she last saw her ghost friend. Sighing, she pushes her rolling chair away from the desk and closer to the bed, which she flops onto. "What should I do today..." closing her eyes, a vision of the garden popped into her head, "Oh!" 

Excitedly, she gets up, zooms toward the door, and silently walks out; she still needs to be sneaky since Mother is still in the house. She tiptoed into her living room, through the dining area, and towards the back door in the kitchen. Walking out, she breathed in the moist air and smelled the wet earth under her bare feet. Giggling, she sits on the floor and puts on her f/c rain boots. Getting up and dusting off, she marches toward the small shed, taking out some gardening tools. "I don't know why Mother even bought this stuff; she rarely steps one foot outside." Sighing, Y/n plugs in some headphones to her phone and listens to f/m(favorite music). That evening, she tended the garden, cleaned the pavers, picked out the weeds, and planted new seeds of colorful wildflowers. What was unknown was that her dear ghost friend was staring at her from the forest, slowly eyeing her up and down, seeing how her hands caressed the dirt. 

Cody has had his eyes wide opened and has been aware of how he died. Still unsure that he should re-introduce himself to Y/n, he sighs and sits on a small boulder. "What do I do!" Covering his face with his large, slightly freckled hands, he contemplates showing himself again. "Are you just going to stare like a creep?" Startled, he turns to the side and sees Jacob. 

"Oh. You."

"That wasn't a very nice ghost," Cody grumbles

"You're staring too! What do you think you're doing?"

"I'm going to go hang out with Y/n. Got a problem?"

"I do!"

"Too bad." The emo kid smirks and walks past the ghost and towards Y/n. Jacob has been interested in Y/n since he first met her, and thanks to her ghost friend, he sees that she is missing him. He knew this would happen; where it would be endless laughter to one day somehow, he at least hoped, he would disappear. But he was still here; he hadn't passed on. Will he even be able to? He shakes his head, refusing to contemplate his existence right now. He was too into his thoughts, failing to see that Jacob had officially made his way to Y/n. He sees her surprised face, one of contempt with a hint of a smile. He sees her greet the young man who loathes his very existence. 

Y/n gently hugs Jacob, "Hello! I'm surprised to see you here!" He gives a cheeky smile and gently scratches the back of my head, acting bashful, "Well, I didn't have anything to do today and was wondering if you wanted to accompany me to the mall or somethin'." He loosens his shoulders and slumps a bit, acting as if he is uninterested in the subject; in reality, he hoped she would comply. 

"Unfortunately, my friend, I am really into the zone here. Maybe next time?" He felt a bit crushed,

"I mean, sure, yeah... Maybe another day?" There is still hope.

"I'll let you know." She gave him a warm smile, yes! He had a silent victory.

"Cool cool," he looks around, "What are you even doing?" she smiles brightly.

"I am trying to restore Cody's garden. Before I went to bed, he usually told me about its beauty and how he would help his grandmother with the garden when he wasn't busy." He felt his right eye twitch slightly as he heard Y/n speaking fondly of Cody. "Okay." He had no reason to be upset, but he was. He feared that he would say something stupid if he continued to stay. Slightly grumbling, he walked out of the garden, and before returning to the sidewalk, he sent eye daggers at Cody, who was spectating the awkward moment. Y/n did not notice his attempt, and she continued to work on the garden, cleaning the planters and picking up the overgrown weeds. 

She had worked for an entire afternoon and saw the sun slowly setting. Getting up, she picks up the tools and returns them to the shed. Satisfied with her work, she decides to call it a day. She picked all the weeds, dusted the cobblestone path, and cleaned up the planters to where there was now fresh soil, ready for planting, bringing back hope for the rundown garden.

She finishes picking up and cleaning off, getting ready to serve dinner, being a bit starved since she skipped lunch. She turns around and walks down the path to the backdoor, without having any knowledge that her phantom friend is watching her from the woods, "Maybe next time Y//n..." He sighs, feeling cowardly that he did not show himself to her today. Hopefully, he can expose himself tomorrow.