Part 25

An:  Hello, everyone! I am back and ready to continue! I would say, 'oh, I have been working on this book.' I stopped writing for a bit. Anyways! I think it is time to return! Has it been a while, huh? 

Y/n sighs as she looks through her drawer of stationery goods. It has been a week of no ghost, and she understands. How could she be selfish and not see that her friend was suffering? She was there enjoying her new stage in life and was too busy trying to understand the social aspect that she neglected Cody. 

In a week, a lot changed, which was scary. Her father left, but he does come home every evening. She has been excelling in school. Jacob and Lilian have been coming over recently. Jacob has been acting differently since Cody left. Y/n did make a journal on Cody, but when she wanted to show Jacob, he said, "Forget him." Besides that,  Lilian has been coming over often, and Mr. North enjoys her company. He is happy to see that his daughter has made friends. Something that is off is that Mrs. North has not harassed Y/n for a while. Y/n made a habit when she came home immediately going into her room until her father came home. 

"Soooooooo! Any news on Cody?~" Lilian exclaims. Y/n sits on her new circle-shaped rug and looks at Lilian, who has made a makeshift fort on her bed. "Not as of last week." She opened the notebook she grabbed from the drawer and wrote down notes from the textbook. Lilian gets off the bed and plops herself in front of Y/n. "You're taking it fairly well! I thought you would be devastated!" Lilian leaned back and pressed her hand on her forehead, showing Y/N her dramatized pose. She chuckles, "I mean, I would be. But, it also helped me see what I did wrong, you know?" Lilian shivers, "I am still not used to you speaking improperly." They laugh together. Yes, there has been a change, and it looks like it was needed.

Time Skip!

The sun slowly seeped through the star-printed curtains. The light hit the girl's shut eyes. Y/n grumbles and places a pillow over her head. "Sleeeeeeep," she said groggily. Her alarm went off so loud that it bounced off the walls. She sits up, yawning, and turns off her alarm.  Stretching, she throws off her covers, hops out of bed, and immediately goes to the restroom to shower.

Once she had finished, she stepped out with only towels on, as she was now accustomed to doing since Cody was no longer in her room. Sighing, she gets dressed and keeps her hair wrapped in a towel. Can I do your hair?  She gasps, turning around. Only to see the curtains and the light coming through them. Cody's being gone also negatively changed her life. Something that Y/n came to realize is that once you are haunted, it will stick with you for a while. 

Grumbling, shaking her head, she put on *your choice of shoes) and fixed up her hair into (you the option of hairstyle). Walking out of her room, she hears her mother flirting with her dad downstairs. Y/N immediately puts one earbud into her ear as she continues listening to classical music. Walking into the dining room, she silently sits and sees food on the table. Sighing, she already knows she has to greet them; getting up, she acts like she is looking for something/ she throws something under the table. "Alright, sweetheart! I have to wake up our Y/N!" She took that as a queue and popped up from under the table, which caused him to scream. 'Oh! Y/N, my sweet! You scared me!" She giggles, "Sorry, father, I had trouble locating my pencil." She holds up her pencil. Her mother comes out of the kitchen with a displeased face. Immediately Y/n gets up, "I apologize for not greeting you both sooner." she glances towards her mother, slightly bowing, "Good morning, mother." Her mother nods and sits down. Her father then sits beside his loving wife, across from his Y/n. "So buttercup! You ready for another day in school?" Y/n nods, "How are your friends? Did Lilian get home safely?" Y/n ate breakfast and answered, "She arrived home safely, and my friends have been well, thank you for asking." She smiles at her father. On the other hand, her mother sent death glares her way, signaling that she does not like her husband only talking to Y/n and not her.