Part 29

Y/n wakes up and sees that it is no longer the weekend but now the week, which means she has school. Sighing, she walks out the door with her backpack on her back. Looking around, she still feels like she is being watched. On the horizon, a tall silhouette next to a slightly shorter one looks as though they are running toward her. Freaking out, she moves to the side, only for one of them to grab her hand; it's Lilith. "Girl! Hi! Thought it would be fun if we walked to school today!" Jacob comes running right after. He pants as he places his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath; "M-Morning, Y/n." She couldn't help but smile, "Good morning, you too!" And with that, the trio begins their walk to school.

"How are you today, my friends?" Y/n exclaimed with a smile

Jacob was the first to respond; "Besides feeling like I was about to pass out a minute ago, not bad." Lilith laughs,

"Sorry, Jake, I just wanted to meet up with Y/n first! I mean, I do run daily, so, I'm kinda used to it."

"You run daily?" said Y/n, confused by her comment

"Oh yeah! I do cross country!" Lilith explained, "I get to run a lot; I even get to go to meets where I go against other schools." Y/n nods her head in understanding. As they walk together side by side, Jacob gives glance behind and sees Cody standing in front of the mailbox, staring at the group. Once again, he missed his chance. Sighing, he silently follows, trying to recollect his thought. The school wouldn't be a smart place to show up...she might be doin' a test or somethin'. Grumbling, he continues to follow. He gets lost in thought when he sees Y/n laughing, oh how he missed that sound—feeling as though he is hearing the warmth from the sun. Smiling as well, feeling proud to see that she is making friends.

At school, Y/n walks through the gates, only to be smashed against a broad chest of Jacob's cousin; Dolan is there, sitting under the tree, reading on his phone. Looking up, he sees the trio walking in together. Smiling, he gets up, stretches, and jogs to meet up with them. "Hey, guys!" Lilith feels her cheeks heat up as she stares at the white-haired teen, "H-Hi Dolan~" Y/n looks at her friend, confused at her reaction. "Oh, uh, hi." He says sheepishly. Immediately looking at Y/n, "I like your h/s (hairstyle)! It suits you!" Y/n just smiled and walked past him, even though she felt as though there was nothing in the world but her friends, but when Dolan came around, she felt awkward and uncomfortable. Little did she know that as she left, Dolan pulled out his phone and took a picture of her without anyone noticing...

Jacob saw this, and before he could say anything, Dolan turned around and changed the subject. "Dude, there is this weird post on Q&A. It's about a Ghost who is apparently in this really old mansion. I bet it's fake, but like, damn." Jacob looked at his cousin with a scowl, "Really? Who wrote it?" Lilith said as she grabbed her phone as well, opening the app. It was the first article on her home page as she opened it. Y/n did not know that her post would be so popular and, dare I say...viral. It was similar to the other posts, but I think this time it was because it had a clear depiction of a kid..who disappeared back in the 80s-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time passed, and the group was in their class now. Y/n was staring into space, unable to understand why Cody left and was still not back. As she dozed off, whispers erupted about a certain post of a ghost. Lilith decided that she should check up on Y/n since she has been off.

"Hey, girl! Is everything okay? You haven't said anything, and it's concerning since this is your favorite subject, so what's up?" Said Lilith with a concerned voice,

"Oh, I have been thinking a lot recently... about Cody and the whole situation. It still just doesn't make sense..." Jacob heard this and intervened 

"You should just forget about him! He wasn't even alive anyways ya know? Just a bunch of air particles that are honestly a waste of space." Y/n sighed and just stared down,

"I guess I will never truly comprehend what it meant for him to be here then...I miss him, though; he was fun to be around."

The bell rang, which signaled that it was time for lunch. Getting up, the crew calmly walks out. Lilith wraps an arm around Y/n in comfort and smiles, "It will be okay."