Chapter 4: End of a Kingdom

You and Weiss had finished clearing out Grimm in an abandoned settlement, and afterwards, you sat down as you activated your beacon.

"I guess before now, Huntsmen didn't need to use these beacon devices."

Weiss: "Nope, but now they are part of the equipment every Huntsman and Huntress has. I kinda wish things were back like they were."

"Before the war?"

Weiss: "Yeah. It was a lot simpler. I mean, it was just as messy, but it wasn't full of ruined villages."

"Same. I was just a first-year student at Beacon. It seemed like what you'd see on TV, school life full of fun, mischief, and adventure. Then things took an extreme turn."

Weiss: "Yeah. My friends and I thought the same thing. Then the fall of Beacon came and we were cut off and scattered like the rest of Remnant. Then came the trek through Anima, stopping Haven Academy from falling, and finding a way into Atlas."

"Let's be honest, Weiss, Atlas had it coming for a long time. They constantly flaunt their wealth and state that they are superior to Remnant, and Ironwood expected others to trust and follow him when he doesn't do the same for them."

Weiss: "Sadly, I saw that first-hand. At first, he was confident and claimed that he and his kingdom were the protectors of Remnant. Then years after the Fall of Beacon, his stress and paranoia reached their tipping point and he decided to give up on the world. He still refused to admit he was in over his head."

"How bad was he?"

Weiss: "You know how he looked professional at all times?"

"Yes."

Weiss: "When we saw him again, his hair was a mess and he grew a beard that shows how bad it's been."

"Yikes. Well, either way, the survivors of Atlas finally found out what the world was like."

Weiss: "Yeah, they had to make do with less, and a lot of them even had to get jobs."

"Their haughty personalities vanished."

Weiss: "Believe it or not, I used to be that way when I entered Beacon."

"Really?"

Weiss: "I was the former heiress of the Schnee Dust Company, but my friends helped me out of that and I started to enjoy being on Team RWBY."

"Nice to hear. So, we heading back to Argus after this?"

Weiss: "Yeah. I need a break. We've been pulling missions left and right."

"Same. At least this world still has some things that remain the same."

Weiss: "Yeah."

You and Weiss lie down as you hope for a future where everything can go back to normal.