Chapter 2: Reclaim

You are walking through Argus and seeing how everyone is working together to get by. Afterwards, you went to the mission boards and saw that there are more missions than before the war began.

Weiss then arrived and looked around for a mission she can take. You found a mission and points at it, while Weiss pointed at the same one. She looked at you and recognized you from the other day.

Weiss: "Oh, hi. Didn't expect we'd be seeing each other this way."

"Well, better this than having the Grimm attack."

Weiss: "You're right, this is much better."

"Well, since the mission is securing an Atlas military base, you want to do this together? There's a good chance we're gonna encounter a good amount of Grimm."

Weiss: "That would be the best way to complete this. I'm in."

You and Weiss left Argus and headed to the Atlas military base. You saw several ruined villages along the way.

Weiss is sad about the sight and you chose not to blame her.

"I'm just pointing out the obvious: At least this world has a chance to continue on."

Weiss: "I know. I still wish it couldn't have looked like this."

"Maybe one day, everything can go back to normal."

Weiss: "I hope so."

You killed a few Grimm along the way and eventually reached the military base. You scouted it out and saw several Grimm roaming the base.

Weiss: "We need a plan. You have any?"

"One. I got a few of these explosives from back at Argus. We can use them to take out the Grimm."

Weiss: "Sounds good, but how do we do that?"

"They're remotely triggered," you stated. "I'll set some in front of the entrance and you let me know if they notice us. If it goes well, I'll lure them into charges and blast them."

Weiss: "Then we take out the rest of them. Sounds like a good plan."

"I try. Now let's do this."

You stood in front of the entrance and placed the explosives on the ground, then you looked at Weiss and she confirms that the Grimm haven't noticed.

You nodded and placed down the last of the explosives and then you threw a firey spear at the Grimm, attracting their attention.

"Catch me if you can!" you said as you ran.

The Grimm chased you and reach the proximity of the explosives. You detonated them and wiped out most of the Grimm. Weiss then used her Semblance to launch large icicles and impale the rest of the Grimm.

Weiss: "I can't believe we managed to make this look easy, but I wouldn't bet on future missions being like this."

"Yeah, but we've cleared the base. Now we just have to activate the beacon."

Weiss: "Let's get this done."

You and Weiss go to the base's control room and insert the beacon into the console and saw several Mantas and trucks arriving.

Weiss: "Y/N, I hope that everyone can live in a world where life is a little better. Maybe one where every day isn't a fight for survival."

"I hope so too."

You and Weiss watched the huntsmen and soldiers secure the base.