Chapter 5: Taking Back a City

You and Weiss are scouting a ruined city.

"The Grimm wrecked everything."

Weiss: "Yeah. I can't stop remembering the times the cities were different. When you often just see people heading to work or going to school. Maybe talking and hanging out with some friends."

"I still like to hope those days could come back."

Weiss: "Me too. The question is, how long it will take?"

"We're just going to have to be patient."

Weiss looked through her binoculars and saw some Grimm walking around.

Weiss: "Found the Grimm. Our mission is to clear out the Grimm and make this city safe to be retaken. At least we can help make some progress with rebuilding.

"Let me message the other Huntsmen."

You opened your scroll and told the Huntsmen that you and Weiss found the Grimm packs.

"Okay, they know, and we should expect the Grimm attractor to activate soon."

Weiss: "Then it's about eliminating them quickly."'

"Yep. Do you think that if we can attract Grimm, we could find a way to conceal our negativity without trying to be positive all the time?"

Weiss: "I heard that some of the former Atlas scientists are working on that, but we should keep our expectations low on that topic."

"Still, would be a nice thing to have."

Weiss: "I guess."

You looked and saw that the Grimm have started to move.

"They took the bait!"

You and Weiss traveled across the rooftops and saw the Grimm converging on one area.

Weiss: "Now."

You activated your detonator, causing the explosives to go off. You, Weiss, and the other Huntsmen eliminated the rest of the Grimm and spent the day hunting any Grimm that remained in the city.

When the soldiers arrived from the nearby colonies, everyone took a short break before helping the soldiers fortify the city. Weiss put a bunch of boxes down and tried to catch her breath, while you tossed her a bottle of water and she drank the whole thing.

Weiss: "Before I met my team, I would complain about things that didn't go my way or some of the stuff that was harder than I thought it would be. But now I know that hard work pays off."

"As it should. By the way, have you visited your family lately?"

Weiss: "Yeah. It was about a month ago. Winter is trying to organize what remains of the former Atlas military while both my brother and my mom are doing what they can to help people. The Schnee Dust Company has made a lot of lives miserable, now this is a new start for our family."

"Glad to hear it."

Weiss walked with you as the city raised a flag to show that it has been retaken by the people.