nightmares suck: marvel

Summary:

Fluff

No one's pov:

Bucky had always been plagued by nightmares, ever since his time as the Winter Soldier. He tried his best to keep them at bay, but sometimes they were too much to handle.

One night, Bucky woke up in a cold sweat, his heart racing and his body trembling. He tried to shake off the feeling of dread that had settled over him, but it was no use. The memories of his past were too strong.

That's when Steve appeared in the doorway, concern etched on his face. "Bucky, what's wrong?" he asked.

Bucky tried to shrug it off, but the tears were already flowing freely down his cheeks. "It's nothing," he mumbled. "Just a bad dream."

Steve didn't buy it. He knew Bucky too well to be fooled by such a weak excuse. He took Bucky's hand and led him to the living room, where they sat down on the couch together.

"Tell me what happened," Steve said gently.

Bucky took a deep breath and recounted the details of his nightmare. As he spoke, he could feel the weight of his fears lifting off his shoulders. Steve listened intently, his eyes never leaving Bucky's face.

When Bucky had finished, Steve wrapped his arms around him, holding him close and whispering words of love and support. "You're safe now," he said. "I won't let anyone hurt you. You're my best friend, and I'll always be here for you."

Bucky sniffled and leaned into Steve's embrace, feeling safe and secure. "Thank you," he whispered. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

Steve smiled and kissed the top of Bucky's head. "You don't have to do anything alone," he said. "I'll always be here for you, no matter what."

And with that, the two friends cuddled together, safe and warm in each other's arms. Steve stroked Bucky's hair and whispered soothing words, promising to protect him from any harm that might come his way.

As the night wore on, Bucky felt his fears slowly fade away, replaced by a sense of peace and security. He knew that he was lucky to have Steve in his life, and he vowed to never take that for granted.

And so, the two friends spent the rest of the night together, talking and laughing and enjoying each other's company.

Word count: 406