Chapter 39 (1)

Depuis le début

He thought they came out faster than expected but when he turned his head to the right to look at them, his pupils slowly dilated as a shiver of fear ran down his spine.

Ragnar stood at the door, his huge silhouette covering the boy's whole existence. He was drenched in fresh blood, but that blood didn't belong to him because he looked completely unscathed. Even the wounds from last night were healed to the point as if they never existed. He quietly peered down at the now trembling boy before quietly passing by him. 

His mere existence made the huge prison look small. The young boy couldn't stop him, heck, he couldn't even utter a word let alone think of anything. Once he was gone from his sight, the young boy immediately turned to look inside the prison because he couldn't hear the three who went inside.

What he saw next made him fall back on the ground with a cry. All three of them were ripped to pieces with their heads in each corner of the prison room and their eyes almost popping out of their sockets as they stared right at the boy.

The sun hasn't hit the castle yet, but the fire has begun to extinguish the castle from within.

The boy stood up on his trembling legs and started to run out of the prison but on his way, all he saw were dead bodies of the guards scattered around. Though, they were in one piece unlike the three of them. Tears streamed down his eyes, he tried to breathe but he didn't stop running.

All he saw were dead bodies on his way.

He needed to reach the alarming drums.

Ragnar walked out of the castle, his long nails were extended and were covered in blood. Splashes of blood were all over his pale skin. He walked to the main doors of the castle but not a single guard standing there panicked after seeing him.

Instead of panicking, all of them bowed at him.

The head of the guards approached him.

The same man who helped Sasha to find the child. "My Lord." He bowed in front of Ragnar. "They are here." He said and Ragnar nodded at him. He had a blank look on his face but his eyes were glinting in exciting evil.

Just as the guard said this, a huge quantity of men began to jump down on the castle ground by climbing the huge wall from outside. All of them were wearing black cloaks with their pale faces covered with a napkin, only their eyes were exposed. They bowed at Ragnar as one of them approached him.

"My Lord." He bowed at him.

He looked like the leader of the troop.

He had dark black long hair which was braided back in many stripes. He had pale skin. He possessed golden eyes but his face was covered. His gait was screaming dominance even when he stood in front of his lord. His height was the same as Ragnar's.

"Mason, did I make you wait too long?" Ragnar asked and he lightly shook his head but in a slow motion. "No, patience brings more ecstasy." He muttered and Ragnar snickered.

"Then you are free, set the havoc to your liking." 

"I won't disappoint."

Ragnar smirked and turned towards the castle as the large gates of the castle were opened behind him by his men. The guards guarding the castle from outside were the only ones who were here with him all the time. They even went inside the castle with him to cause destruction. The ones inside and the ones at the borders were still the loyal dogs of the kingdom. They soon would be set free from slavery.

"See you soon, my Lord," Mason said and turned towards the open gates where his troop stood in huge manpower.

"Let's have some fun," Mason whispered under his breath and twisted his neck while smirking under his mask.