Wattpad Original
There are 17 more free parts

Ch. 5: Bedroom Negotiations

Gabriel

The high-pitched shriek that wakes me up was a hundred percent calculated by me way before I decided to sleep in the bed.

The ruffling of the soft sheets makes a crinkling sound as I open my eyes, seeing Sofia scampering down from the bed.

Her face bleeds crimson, giving a rosy shade to her cheeks. I turn on my stomach, groaning into her pillow as the sweet scent of cherry blossoms infiltrates my senses, urging me to keep my nose buried there. Without her in the bed, I am finally able to spread my legs and occupy a large space, resting my tired body as per its wishes.

"You'll wake the entire mansion with that scream," I mutter, only loud enough for her to hear.

I shut my eyes, knowing how upset she would be. I almost acted out the conversation last night in my head when I entered the room and found her curled to one side. We can have our dinner sent whenever we want here so sleep takes precedence.

Quietly, I had taken a shower and fallen asleep beside her, keeping a safe distance between us. Fifteen minutes later, the woman had done some terrific moves, shifting from side to side before moving on top of me.

It was a good sleep with her warm body heating mine. I hadn't been with a woman for three months.

"What is the meaning of this?" I hear her inquire; her voice high-pitched but with a delicate caution lacing it.

"What do you mean?" I grumble into the pillow.

"Why are you sleeping here? You couldn't have woken me up? What time is it?"

"It's past two at this point and for your first question, it's my room so I can sleep here whenever I want to."

"Why didn't you wake me? This is so inappropriate for you to sleep here like this," she complains.

Sighing, I raise my head from the pillow, leaning on one elbow and a bent knee raised in the air as I blink through tired eyes at her.

"You were drooling with how deep asleep you were," I explain. "I thought you could use some rest. You should be grateful. I respect you enough to sleep with my clothes on. You know how uncomfortable that is?"

"You sleep shirtless?" she asks with a curious gleam in her emerald pupils.

"I sleep naked."

"Oh..." Her lips part in awe, and I don't miss the way her curious eyes skate the length of my body under the sheets. As if recalling what she is doing, she shakes her head. "But it's my room too now."

"So I registered when I asked the servants to bring your luggage here. Now, if you don't mind, allow me to nap again."

I am about to fall face-first on her pillow when her next word stops me.

"No."

"No?" I look at her with bewilderment.

"No, you can't sleep here," she says. "Not in the same bed."

"Sorry to inform you but that won't be happening," I state with a blank expression. "I'll sleep here and if you want, you can take the couch in the seating area."

Whatever she was planning seems to have failed because her eyes flare as if surprised by my reply.

"I...I won't sleep there. Why can't you be the one making adjustments? Aren't you the one who needs a wife to pretend?"

"If you were Estella, this wouldn't have been a problem in the first place. She and I had everything sorted."

"I'm not Estella," she declares.