Destiel ~ Roommates (Au)

A/N: There shall be two parts to this. Wow, 11 more one shots. I didn't expect to near 100 one shots, I am greatly surprised. Maybe I can go on to 110? 120? 200? But eventually I'll have to end this set of one shots.

........................

Dean and Cas had been friends for as long as they could remember. Since they were in diapers you could say. Their families were good friends and naturally, when these two were born on the same day, they became friends. They even went to the same college together! They weren't roommates though, which sucked balls.

"I need to find a roommate on Craigslist or something." Dean jokes as he and Cas sit on Dean's bed, watching crap television.

"Like you would ever give up all the empty space in your room." Cas snorts.

"True." Dean shrugged, ruffling Cas' dark hair.

"Is it hot in here?" Cas questions.

"It is, I think the AC is broken." Dean scrunched his eyebrows together.

"Well it's too hot for me, I'm sweating." Cas panted.

"Get rid of that stuffy jacket then. Wear tank tops like me, they're breezy and comfortable." Dean gestures to his tank top.

"I think I can suffer the heat." Cas sighs, pulling the jacket closed.

"Cas, you are going to get heatstroke that way." Dean rolled his eyes.

"Fine." Cas took off his jacket and threw it o the ground.

"See, was it wasn't that hard." Dean gently nudged him before seeing a purple bruise on his arm. Actually, seeing multiple bruises. "Cas, why do you have so many bruises?" Dean questions.

"It's nothing Dean. Maybe I should go back to my dorm." Cas got up, but Dean gripped the back of his shirt and pulled him back on the bed.

"It's was Balthazar wasn't it? I always knew he was a terrible boyfriend for you." Dean looked at Cas, who seemed to be on the verge of tears.

"Fine! You were right! I'm afraid to break up with him, okay!?" Cas shouts, he was about to cry. Dean, knowing Cas well, pulled his friend into a hug and let his son into his shirt.

"Hey Jude, don't make it bad, take a sad song and make it better...." Dean sang to Cas in attempt to calm him down. Cas was sniffling at that point, clinging to his friend. Dean stoked the hair in Cas' head, he knew it calmed Cas.

"What am I going to do?" Cas whispered.

"How about you stay here for the night and tomorrow we'll get all your stuff from you and Balthazar's shared dorm, and bring it here." Dean smiled.

"But Dean, my parents paid a lot of money for me to hav-"

"Screw them. You're living with me. I'm your best friend, and I want to protect you. You're 21 and you're still letting them control you. Besides, you can move out of the dorm." Dean looked at his friend.

"Fine. I'll sleep on the couch." Cas was about to get up until Dean held him down by the shoulders.

"No, you get the bed, I'll get the couch." Dean released his friend and got up, going to grab an extra blanket and pillow for himself.

"Dean, this is your apartment, I should take the couch." Cas rebuttals.

"No." Dean glared.

"Fine, than how about we share the bed? It's plenty big enough for the both of us. It's just sleep, right?" Cas questions. Dean feels his heart flutter and he hates that flutter. It's just sleep, don't give your hopes up.

"I guess. Just like our sleepovers when we were 10." Dean smiled. Cas smiled back with that big goofy grin and Dean knew he was doomed. He fell in love with this idiot. From his deep laugh to the pretty blue eyes like a sapphire sky mixed with ice crystals and the sea.

Both boys got ready for bed, for Dean, he just slept in his boxers. Cas slept in at shirt and boxers. The two of them slid under the covers and didn't mind that they were close, they just smiled like doofs. Cas shivered a bit and pulled the blankets over him more.

"You cold?" Dean asks, feeling a bit chilly himself.

"Yeah. I don't understand, it's hot in your dorm 100% of the time I'm here." Cas chuckled.

"It gets cold at night. Here." Dean moved a bit closer to Cas and pulled him into his arms. Cas didn't seem to mind, he was feeling warmer already. "Better?"

"Much." Cas sighed with content. He rested his head on Dean's chest not realizing Dean was screaming internally. "Goodnight Dean." Cas yawned, starting to drift off.

"Night Cas." Dean drifted off himself, still holding Cas close, a bit too close considering they were only friends.

The next day...

Cas and Dean walked into Cas' dorm.

"Where were you last night?" Balthazar growled and Cas whimpered a bit.

"He stayed at my place." Dean informed, standing slightly in front of Cas.

"Okay, well thanks for bringing him back. You can go now Dean." There was so much hatred spitting out from Balthazar's mouth at that name.

"I came to get my stuff Balthazar. I'm breaking up with you and moving out." Cas informed, he had a few boxes with him.

"What?" Balthazar was outraged.

"I can't be in an abusive relationship anymore. You made me afraid to break up with you, but now, I'm leaving. Dean is helping me pack my things." Cas told him, hiding slightly behind Dean.

"Where will you go?" Balthazar snorts.

"I have room at my apartment for him. Best friends stick together and protect elect other." Dean informed.

"So you're basically leaving me for ken doll?" Balthazar growled.

"No! He's just a friend, my best friend." Dean felt his heart shatter a bit, but ignored the pain. They went to pack up his stuff and Cas returned the dorm key to Balthazar. They kept packing up Cas' things into boxes, a bunch of boxes. His clothes, his laptop, everything he brought with him. When they got everything, they grabbed the boxes and left, not casting a glance at Balthazar.

"We'll have to get you a bed, so I suggest we go shopping later for some stuff." Dean suggests as they reach his impala. They stuff some boxes in the trunk and the rest in the back seat.

"Sounds like a plan. I really hope I'm not being a bother to you." Cas smiled weakly.

"You are never a bother. Don't worry. Come on, let's move your stuff to my apartment, our apartment, I should say." Dean smiled at Cas as they got in.

...................

A/N: There shall be a part 2, so don't worry.