14) A Close Call

*3rd person*

It was a rough few days for all the guilds, an announcement went out to all of Atlantide saying that the Gmg was going to be halted due to the disappearances of the dragon slayers. Sure the final round of the gmg was ment to be a surprise round and probably could happen without the dragon slayers. However, the guild leaders insisted that this happens to Jonathan.

It was all news to Jonathan who was very worried and did what the guild leaders wanted. He also insisted on return that the guild leaders go get rest and so when the meeting ended Jonathan was left alone with his thoughts. He could have sabotaged them he could have done something to make it so he could get a win on his side with very little fight. Jonathan smiled at the ideas but something inside pulled at his heart as he frowned. No, he couldn't do it.

As much as he feels no connection to the guild leaders and wishes to eliminate them there was a part of him that was hesitant. So Jonathan simply left it where it was however he still wanted to bring dred and he already had the idea, killing one of Bri's beloved dragons. He can keep himself hidden and then the dragons won't know what got to them, much less who did it.

Jonathan left going back down to prepare, he'll do this. Cause Mitch more pain, now as much as he knows Mitch is already on his side he wants to make it firmly a possibility. So a slow killing poison so it seems like it was left over at least something it's already been a couple of days which may make it seem strange but gotta do something now otherwise nothing works.

Jonathan left taking the darkness of the shadows as he easily got to the cave at the dead of night. As long as the dragons remain firmly asleep he can get his work down. Looking around Jonathan found Phantom and quietly got close before taking out the liquid and working very carefully got the poor old but young dragon to take in the poison. Jonathan quickly hid the bottle and backed away before bumping into something and quickly turned and grabbed at the stand. He wait before sighing quietly and looked at what was there and froze up.

"What the..." Jonathan mumbled as he looked at the swirling glass orb. He moved picking up the orb as he examined it and slowly a smile crept up on his face.

"I don't believe it, it's like a lacrama of all their powers but just you can see the magic storm and it's not a crystal... Such a wonderous thing. Lets see, Bryan's fire, Allumos's celestial magic, lightning? That one's a new one, then there Mario's earth, the black and purple must be Colin's and Mitch's magic." Jonathan wondered in amazement as he circled around the table close by before coming back to the stand.

"I could harness so much power from this." Jonathan couldn't stop smiling except for when he heard voices as he immediately placed the orb down and disappeared back into the shadows leaving. He couldn't be found here, especially if Michael's one of the few talking. If he's there....

Bri walked in chatting with Silver about things before she paused and looked around the dragon cave something gave her a chill as she looked around. Silver noticed the behavior and looked around as Bri growled. However she found nothing when looking around before she quickly moved going to the orb. Still there, she exhaled as she touched the orb feeling the power and calmness of the magic

"Your still worried?" Silver asked walking over. Bri looked at him and slightly frowned

"You can't blame me for that Silver." She said looking away

"And I'm not blaming you I'm just confirming that your worried and it's a logical response to everything that's happening." Silver came around and put a hand on Bri's shoulder as she moved and hugged him snuggling her face into his shoulder as Silver hugged back.

Silver's eyes slightly moved to the orb on the pedestal before closing his eyes. Bri has always had a special connection to the dragons especially since she's known as the dragon queen. So there's obviously a close connection to Bri and the dragon slayers. Especially Bryan since he was the youngest and also a part of her guild.

"We'll get them back, one way or another we just need to continue out investigations" Silver gently pulled away leaving his hands on Bri's shoulders while looking at her in her eyes

"I know Silver, thank you. Just, if this orb is connected to them I don't want to loose it because it could be their only way home and we need to make sure it stays safe" Bri took a deep breath as she turned to the orb as I let go of her.

"Well we'll be staying the night so I'm sure you can cuddle it like a baby" Silver said in a funny tone before Bri slightly kicked him in the lower leg with a chuckle

"Shut up goofball" Bri picked up the orb and walked with Silver to the place they were going to sleep as she sat down keeping the orb in her lap while she chatted with Silver.

Both of them needed this break and Bri felt comfort in holding the orb. She can't hold it 24/7 but if she could she would. However for the situation, this was fine.... If only she knew.
If only she knew the dangers that would have come if she didn't walk into the cave that night or that time...