12) Dragon Union

*Davis's pov*

I laid on the cold floor of the cave as I rested while listening to Mario and Colin talk about how to split up the food. I already had to growl at some dragons to make them go away or threaten some to share so we don't get pestered. Finally Mario came over and dropped some fish in front of me.

"Not a lot but we couldn't catch a lot here." Mario said as he laid down. The cracking of stone can always be heard on him either loudly or softly depending on how much movement occurred.

"It's alright..." I said as I ate and Colin walked over and joined us laying in between me and Mario

At this point I'm not fighting against meeting people because they would likely followed me regardless. Anyways Colin soon after eating was passed out asleep. At this point it's dark outside and I can only think about how Bryan's doing. I hope someone's helping him although with not much civilization and how people are, not likely.

I watched as Mario fall asleep before looking into the night sky as I carefully moved getting up and spread my wings taking off into the air for a night flight

I flapped my wings as I back flipped getting use to my new body more. I soon landed on a cliff side accidentally waking a bunch of dragons and one hiss at me unhappy about having been woke up. I turned looking at them and they backed up unsure of me and I sighed as I laid down and looked at them.

"Sorry" I said and the dragon blinked

"Sorry? Is that all your going to say?" The dragon hissed and I huffed at them

"What else?" I sarcastically growled back as the dragon sighed laying back down and covered it's face with it's tail.

I looked out feeling restless so I spread my wings again and took off, but this time I wanted to see if my memory was correct. I flew for probably hours before I came to a spot and I huffed with a slight growl. Turning around I flew back to the cave knowing that I can't find were I left Bryan without going to far away.

Finally coming back to the cave and laying down I kept getting this thought, why exactly was I caring so much about Bryan, literally met the dude helped him from ice and hunters....

I paused before looking up at the night sky then grumbled as I let myself fall asleep. This is all bullshit, why exactly did I have to be pulled into all this. I just wanted to live out life yet here I am as a dragon in mortal danger with very little idea of what the fuck to do... Totally normal... Ya totally normal.

*Colin's pov*

I was the first to wake up. When I realized Davis wasn't in the last place I saw him I immediately got up and looked around. When my eyes landed on Davis I sighed happy that he was ok. I looked at Mario who was still sleeping and the morning sun was just rising, so carefully I climbed over Mario which felt like walking a mountain very easily.

I jumped landing in between the two of them and huffed proudly of myself. As I looked around for something to, I really didn't want to wake up Davis or Mario but I may have to if I get hungry... Oh! Maybe I can catch the fish on my own that would be cool.

I got up and went to the waters edge and got ready and jumped in. I was unaware I was heard by Davis and Mario as I dived deep deep down finally finding some fish. I swam trying to bit at the fish, but soon I realized a mistake.... When I was snapping at the fish air bubbles were leaving., Now I'm finding it hard to breathe.

I let go of the fish as I desperately struggled and tried to swim up but my chest started to hurt so much. I reached out my hand hoping for something. As I started to sink more I also realized as a big dragon it's hard to move in the water unless your actually good at moving with your wings and such.

I saw something blue suddenly come grabbing me as I was pulled up. The dragon held me close as they basically put their mouth over mine and breathed out air so my lungs got air back. They let go and bolted up holding me close before both of us burst out of the water. I coughed as Davis dropped me and landed taking in deep breaths himself.

"Colin what were you thinking!?" Mario's worried tone making me looked down.

"I... I'm sorry" I said before Davis used his wing to lift my head up

"Why did you do it?" He asked looking at me calmly surprisingly.

"I... I was hungry and I thought I could do something cool by bringing us lots of food to eat." I said as my eyes looked down and Davis removed his wing

"Alright... Listen if you wanted to get fish I could have told you how I done it then you could try first in shallow water. Not the deep end" Mario sighed  before he licked me picking up left over seaweed and tossed it out to the ocean. Felt like a kitten getting cleaned by their mother for a moment there.

Either way Mario went down while I remained curled up next to Davis who's put one of his four wings around me. Comfortable to say the least as I watched Mario get fish even finding the one I caught and brought it up for me to enjoy which I was super happy about.

Davis with his lightning made fire for us to use to cook the fish so when Mario was done he could eat and then cook more. It was like a nice morning picnic with breakfast. I really enjoyed it especially with both Davis and Mario being like older brothers to me. That was really the nicest part.