8) Riders, Defenders, and Fire Dragon

*Hiccup's pov*

We flew all the way to Mala's island. As we landed we were greeted at Mala came up to us in a quick pace.

"Hiccup you have no idea how nice it is to see you in this dire situation." Mala said

"Ya I'm happy that the dragons didn't need to much rest so we flew here as fast as we could. Can you show us the dragon?" I asked and Mala nodded and me and the group followed her down the beach.

"We've been trying everything to calm down this dragon, but anyone who passes the line in the sand always gets snapped at." Mala said

"Wait line in the sand?" Fishlegs asked

"Yes this dragon when it first saw us backed up and made a line in the sand it's smart, but weak and I fear the worst for it." Mala said as we finally got to the line and as Mala had put in the letter the dragon looked weak and black spots covered it's body some spots were grey.

"Oh the poor thing it looks like a baby...um a very big baby but still." Fishlegs said

"What kind of dragon is it I've never seen it's kind before." Heather said

"We can call it splodge." Tuffnut said and the dragon opened it's eyes and then fired a blast at tuffnut and Barf and Belch had to protect them from the blast.

"I don't think it liked that." Snotlout said as the dragon growled it looked like it could barely standing

I took a deep breath as I held out my hand and took some steps forward I managed to step beyond the sand line, but as soon as I got close the dragon lashed out tripping me with it's tail and roared and toothless came running it and shot at it.

"No! We're not trying to hurt it!" I yelled, but then I was shoved down as a blast shot past me. I looked over at the dragon and they looked completely unfazed if not... slightly better?

"Wait... Heat..." I said as I was dragged back to the rest.

"You ok hiccup?" Astrid asked.

"I'm fine, but we need to get this dragon to a heat source." I said and Mala thought about it.

"It could work." She said as Fishlegs had Meatlug shoot a lava blast which hit one of the black spots forming and as it fell off the dragon that black spot looked grey.

"Wait guys let me see if I can talk to it." I said walking to it again.

"Are you out of your mind? It almost hit you last time." Astrid said

"Astrid trust me." I said as I looked at the angry dragon.

"Ok, I don't know how well you can understand me, but please know we mean no harm what so ever." I said as I stopped just at the edge of the sand line.

"We are just trying to help you ok. We may know what can help you, but we can't get you to the source if you always angry at us. I don't know what happened before you got here, but know we don't want to hurt you." I said and the dragon growled and I stepped beyond it's boundaries and got closer until my hand could almost touch it but it snapped at me making Toothless almost blast as it, but he stopped when the dragon hit me with it's tail and sent me flying backwards.

"Mind telling us what your thinking about?" Heather asked and I sighed.

*Bryan's pov*

They aren't going to take me not like Davis I know they look different and have been trying to help me, but how am I supposed to trust them when not long ago people took Davis away.

"Alright fine I'll tell you. I'm trying to make friends with it so that we can bring it over to a lava source or something. When Meatlug shoot at it the black spot it hit went to grey. This dragon isn't dieing it's getting weaker because it's losing its heat. This particular dragon must need heat to survive like Meatlug needs rocks to eat to survive." This hiccup person said

Heat, wait if that's what's wrong then they sure as hell are not going to take me from this place the sand is warm sure lava could be better but that requires going inland and I'm not putting myself in that situation.

I got what I could for fire power and shot at the ground which is found was fire which turned into lava and I shoved my snout into and laid down.

"I don't think we can move it, more specifically I don't think it wants to move hiccup." Short legs said

"Your right which means we need to bring it the heat." Hiccup said and a dragon carefully got close to me.

"Oh meatlug please be careful." Short legs said

"Meatlug huh." I said and the dragon looked at me.

"Ya it's a good name." Meatlug said

"I forgot that you can understand me, but they can't." I said as the dragon got closer

"Your not going to hit me are you?" Meatlug asked

"No I just don't trust your, I'm assuming riders." I said and Meatlug nodded before spewing lava out which I looked at as they stepped back and then I put my hand in it before flopping onto it. It felt so nice.

"Woah it worked." Short legs said and I looked at the other dragons as Meatlug spoke to them and they all sent their understanding.

"Mala do you think there's a way to bring lava over here?" Hiccup asked

"I mean you left your big tub over here from when the Eruptedon egg needed to be put in it's resting place." Mala said and I looked at the lava before getting an idea.

I roared which was just me asking if Meatlug could come over and spit out more lava and they did. I know all the riders were watching as I opened my mouth and then ate some of the lava. It was warm and I felt so great. I rested my head on the rest of the lava.

"That's so cool!" Short legs said and I asked Meatlug what their names are. That one's apparently Fishlegs.

"It looks like it's getting better, look some of the spots are changing back to red." Heather said as Hiccup tried to get close to me again and I growled at him before Toothless grabbed him and pulled him away.

"Hiccup I don't think this is a dragon you'll be able to get close to." Astrid said and I huffed as I laid down.

"Umm guys where are the twins?" Heather asked and I looked around before suddenly two yells sounded and I roared as I felt people on my back.

"Ruff! Tuff! Get off the dragon!" Hiccup yelled, but I stood up and slammed my back on a tree making them let go and I growled at them before roar/yelling.

*3rd person*

Bryan roared, but his roar echoed through the air and a very particular Celestial dragon heard him. Changing course Allumos bolted in Bryan's direction as he was coming in fast.

Bryan stopped roaring and soon Allumos roared back which made all the dragons around the riders cower a bit Toothless less so, but it didn't take long for the riders to see a massive dragon coming their way.