8 - Slow Dance

[Author's Note:

Hi, reader! How are you liking the story so far? Feel free to comment your thoughts.

Here is the unofficial soundtrack for this chapter:

Song: Angel Baby | Artist: Troye Sivan

Check out the Spotify link in the comment.]

***

Present

"The fact that you can't say it out loud only means it's true, right?"

These words ring in my ears as I sit at the studio waiting.

"Josh?"

I turn around.

"Ikaw na," Skye says.

We are recording a song for a sponsor brand's holiday promotion.

"Ah, okay," I go inside the recording booth and sing or should I say rap my part while looking at Paul through the glass panel.

After three repetitions, he puts his thumbs up and I take off the headphones and leave the booth.

"Amazing. Thanks, Josh," he fist-bumps me as I walk past him.

After the recording, we still have a bunch of things to do as a group, then, I also have my own solo guesting at an event.

When the day is about the end, I feel worn out. I sit in the car, resting my head and my back on the seat and just close my eyes for a good two to three minutes until I hear people tapping on the window and see flashes of light. I slowly turn the engine on and drive away.

I can't wait to go home and see you. I have been thinking about you all day and all though I'm aware that the nurse is looking after you, I still worry.

The guard smiles at me after I roll the window down at the town gate and he signals for me to go on. A couple more blocks and I'm home. I open the gate and drive the car into the garage but before I head inside, I grab a few items from the front seat of my car.

I breathe a sigh as I enter the house carrying presents for you. I hope you'll like the bouquet of yellow roses and the stuffed seal I got you.

I call out your name when I got inside. "Ali?"

When I do not hear a reply after a minute or two, I start to get nervous.

I have searched every room in the house but I don't see you or the nurse.

"Where the heck is she?" I mutter, shaking like a leaf.

Almost an hour passes and I have just finished cooking when I hear the gate creak. I poke my head out the kitchen window, put my hand on my chest and exhale as I see you and the nurse walking back inside the house. I quickly pace to the front door to meet you.

"Hey," I greet you with a smile.

"Hi. Sorry, medyo ginabi na kami. Naglakad-lakad lang sa labas," you say, leaning your weight on the doorway.

"Good evening, Sir," the nurse greets.

I nod at you both.

"Thank you," I tell her, "I'll take it from here."

She nods then she slightly ducks and walks past me, and I hear her footsteps heading upstairs giving me and you some privacy.

"I got something for you," I announce as I pick up the bouquet and the stuffed animal.

Your eyes widen with delight upon seeing them and grab the stuffed animal first and then the flowers.

"Alam ko hindi n'yan mare-replace si Mr.Babsie," I utter, referring to your favorite stuffed pig which you lost abroad where you had your procedure. "But he's kinda cute, isn't he?"