*Christmas Special* A Poem in Your Honor

Start from the beginning

Riddle glances at you but quickly looks away, a blush creeping along his cheeks. "Agreed. If we were to try brute force and get beaten back, the mission would be a failure."

"Um... All right, I'll start." Epel clears his throat. "Allow me to be the first!"

"Very well." The guard nods. "Show me your most heartfelt proposal!"

Oh boy...

Epel approaches you, gaze to the ground. He takes both your hands in his and gazes into your eyes. "I swear that I will always make you happy. I shall be the horse-mounted prince who gallops to the rescue when my lady love is in distress! No matter what troubles arise, I'll never give up or walk away. I'll protect you from all that could harm you. I know I'm a prince worthy of you, my princess!" He gets down in one knee. "Please, will you marry me?"

You were utterly star struck. "Epel..."

The guard claps. "Goodness, what an earnest gaze. Not to mention, you actually came riding a white horse! How utterly princely!"

Epel stands up, cheeks reddening. He clears his throat and rejoins the boys.

"They're real into the horse..." Ace scratches his head. "Does that mean I was wrong and he was right?"

The guard looks to Ace. "And who is this orange-haired fellow? Are you the prince's retainer?"

You stifle a laugh. Ace glowers at the guard indignantly. "ME? A retainer to EPEL? Now that's funny. As if I'm anything like these other plebes."

"Oh, you're another suitor? Very well. Let's see your proposal, then."

Ace moves to stand in front of you, a smile on his lips. "Every day'll be a blast if you marry me. And yeah, when two people are together long enough, they're gonna have a couple spats. But I promise I'll always apologize when we do. When the goin' gets tough, you can snuggle up with me, and I'll always put a smile on your face. I'm the right prince for you, Princess. So please..." Ace holds your hand. "Don't bother lookin' at any other guys. Marry me!"

Ace's words were so thoughtful, you almost forget this wasn't real.

"I could sense how much you want to make your partner happy." The guard breaks you from your spell. "What a genuine display. And to think I suggested you were a mere retainer! I do beg your pardon."

Ace lets go of your hand, clearing his throat as he walks to the rest of the boys. Riddle tilts his head. "You know, that WAS a rather sweet proposal."

Ace waves him off. "Can it on the peanut gallery. I was fakin' it and makin' it."

Riddle grins, folding his arms. "Uh-huh, sure. That was absolutely from the heart."

Grim bursts out laughing. "Ace is gettin' in his feelings!"

Ace glares at the cat though his cheeks start to redden. "Shut up will ya!"

"I thought it was very YOU, in a good way." Riddle puts a hand to his chest. "Too bad when all is said and done, the princess will be picking me."

The ghost nods. "All right, you're next. Let's hear it!"

You try to steady your racing heart. I don't think I can take much more of this.

Riddle gets down on one knee and holds your hand. "I swear my loyalty to you! Come what may, I promise I will never doubt you, nor will I hurt you." Riddle stares into your eyes, it's like he's speaking the truth. "For you, I would do anything in my power. Would you give me your hand in marriage?"