Bonus Chapter: Nienna's Choice - Part 3

[Author's Note: Filler chapter, because why not. Besides it helps us see into the twins' characters more. Enjoy!]

***

The mornings in their home had always been Mila's favorite time of the day. She watched from the kitchen table as her identical twins children chatted over breakfast, listening in to their conversation as she spread some blueberry jam on the bread she made with a knife.

"...It blew up on my face. I guess little magnesium powder can be of use to help make fire quicker, but too much of the powder can actually burn a house. It's a volatile element," Nina mumbled as she munched on her breakfast.

"That explains why you showed up yesterday looking like you just returned from a warzone," Nienna commented with amusement in her expression, "Maybe you should just focus on little things first. Make our lives easier by making that fire igniting... contraption, without actually killing people in the process."

"Yes. I still have to make sure it can be safe for normal people to handle. More research on that is needed. Do you really think it can be useful for our soldiers, in the wilderness?" asked Nina.

"It can. When you make sure it's not going to kill our soldiers in the process," Nienna chirped. 

Nina snapped her fingers, "Speaking of killing people, I am still weighing the idea of weaponizing it. It's going to be a great addition to our borders arsenal, yes? I mean, Gandalf only use this element to make firecrackers. What if we can use it for more? More... Fire power to our guards."

"If you can control it," Nienna commented, "You said it's volatile. We don't need another one of your creation burning another building, or hurt our trees. Or worse, hurting our–"

"–Enemies," Nina smirked, nodding at her own words. "Exactly."

Nienna leaned forward to her Nina, "Don't hurt yourself, sister."

Nina mimicked her sister's stance, "I'm not the one sending her application to the guards recruitment. They'd beat you to pulp."

Nienna was taken aback at Nina's statement. The youngest twin glanced at their mother, who stopped her work for a moment, clearly listening to the conversation.

"Arondir is applying. I'm afraid I have gotten myself into a promise I can't back out. Our little friend is scared to go alone," Nienna gave her sister a lopsided smile just before popping a grape into her mouth.

Nina only smirked knowingly at Nienna who was sending her a subtle displeased look, glancing a bit at their mother who was fixing her attention to her bread, "If you say so."

As Mila focused her gaze at her bread, knife in hand, her mind was mulling over everything that was said on the table across from her. That was when she felt her husband's hard form enveloping her from behind, making her yelp a bit in surprise.

"Be careful with that pointy things," he whispered lowly to her ear as he kept an eye on Mila's hand that was handling the bread knife. His breath fanned across her cheek, low voice sent thrills down her back. Mila chuckled.

The twins casually watched their parents  exchange as they munched on their breakfast.

Mila tilted her head to Glorfindel and received his short but affectionate kiss, "I'm usually very good at handling pointy things," she murmured.

The half-elf children who were watching the rather intimate scene their parents shared had different reactions to Mila's almost inaudible words. Nienna, the most innocent out of them both, was raising her brows, tilting her head, wondering what was the hidden meaning her mother was supposedly convey to their father. Nina on the other hand, made a rather disgusted face, mumbling, Oh Eru, have mercy under her breath. Nienna looked at her older sister questioningly, and only receiving a mental reply.