I have a stalker

"I came to apologize."

Mila blinked. Then a smile of disbelief ran across her face as she looked at the elf with red hair.

"How does that feel coming out of your mouth, Lady Erussiel?" Mila teased.

"Like vinegar," scowled Erussiel. It was obvious that her pride was hurting. Her annoyed expression didn't last long, though. "I know I was being mean to you months ago, but I didn't realize you were stupid enough to try to fetch that book and fell into the ice."

Mila shrugged. "The falling into the ice part was strictly my bad. I was just clumsy."

There was silence between them as they sat under the stars at the garden of Rivendell.

"I should've come to you sooner, but I was ashamed. I really hope you can forgive me," she added.

Now that Mila looked at Erussiel, her expression truly held remorse. Sad, even.

"I forgive you," Mila said with a smile, offering her hand for a handshake. Erussiel looked somewhat bashful when she took her hand and smiled back.

"Thank you."

"..."

"..."

"Do you still love Glorfindel?" Mila asked.

Erussiel snorted. "I've never loved him."

Mila looked at her again, in disbelief. "Then what's that drama all for?"

"I was jealous. Do you know that elves that don't get married at the right age is bound to have strange fate?" asked Erussiel. "My parents are demanding. They want me to get married because my clock is ticking and that I have to marry someone that fits their criteria."

Mila couldn't believe her ears. "I can't believe elves have that kind of problems! I thought it is a human thing."

"Well, I have admit your kind's clock ticks a lot faster."

"Wow," Mila said, chuckling in amusement.

"Sorry."

"It's okay. It's the truth. Is that why you chased after Glorfindel?"

"Yes. Anyone good looking, good reputation, rich, noble-" Erussiel shrugged, "He fits the bill."

"He's more than good looking," Mila chirped, remembering her day with Glorfindel at the outskirts of the village a month ago. She remember his beauty that was well balanced with his masculinity. The way his handsome face light up when he smiled. The way his tunic accentuate the muscles on his strong arms and chest. The way he shortcircuit her brain with his lips. Mila shook herself.

"You know, he's in love with someone, but he choose not to do anything with it. What if he's in love with you?" blurted Mila, which was responded with a snort.

"He avoided me and dodged my every advances. No. He's probably in love with you."

"Shut up."

Both female chuckled. Not long, another silence filled them, although this time, a rather comfortable one. Erussiel, though sly and at times selfish, didn't realize that she was actually lonely.

So much, that she chose to open up to the human woman she once resented.

"You probably have heard of my reputation by now," she said with a wistful, bitter smile. "The fox of Rivendell, is what the ellyn that I have approached called me."

"That doesn't sit right with me," frowned Mila, noting the sadness in the beautiful elleth's eyes.

"My parents are politically ruthless. I am thought to be the same. So then I think to myself, why not, let's give them what they want."