Meteor, not meatier!

A lingering kiss under the sky

Returned

A fallen star

Sealed with the blessing of Varda

***

Elves believed that a kiss on the forehead was a form of blessing. Thus, in the Winter Solstice celebration, Mila saw elves greeting each other asking for blessings.

A little innocent kiss on the forehead, granted by the others that they respect-and Mila was still weirded out by all of it.

'Give me a blessing' was all that anyone needed to say in order to get a kiss on their forehead. Of course it can be done between male elves too, as the belief originated spiritually, almost like a prayer. But Mila knew some ellyn or ellith used the excuse of the Winter Solstice night to get a kiss or two from the ones they fancy.

Or the ones they'd like to tease.

"Give me a blessing, fair lady," Ro whispered to Mila in her ear, making her jump.

"Ro!" Mila pinch the elf's side.

"Ouch!"

"I also want a blessing," Elladan appeared, holding a cup of wine, before adding with a low whisper to her other ear, "You can bless me wherever you want."

Mila's face burned with embarrassment at that. She closed her ears with her hands.

"No! My innocent ears!" she cried, blushing to her neck.

"Your ears may be innocent but your mind is not. What are you even implying?" Elladan laughed, turning on her.

"You know you really should not say no. It is bad luck to refuse giving or receiving blessing at Winter Solstice," Elrohir said, bowing his head to her for a blessing, "Please, I've asked for your blessing. If you refuse it means I'm cursed," he whined, "I might get sick or fall from my horse in the next few days."

Mila chuckled, yet a bit worried as well with that scenario. "Okay. To avoid bad luck," she gave in and kissed each Elrohir and Elladan's forehead.

Both ellyn grinned in satisfaction at their little friend, before Elladan's expression changed completely at something that he saw far behind Mila. Dan tapped Elrohir's chest with the back of his hand, gaining his brother's attention.

"How do I look?" Dan asked Ro as he straightened his form.

"Like me," Elrohir answered flatly.

"Disgusting. Wish me luck," he said before nodding at Mila and cleared his throat.

Mila and Elrohir grinned at each other when they saw Dan was walking towards the elleth he fancied.

"He's gonna need it," Mila said before the two of them snorted, snickering between themselves.

"Lord Elrohir, may we have your blessing?" giggled a couple ellith, and suddenly, Elrohir forgot completely about Mila and went about throwing his charm to the unsuspecting ladies.

Mila watched as elves dancing, exchanging blessings under the stars. Ellith wore beautiful dresses; despite the cold, they still managed to wear sleeveless pretty gowns as if the biting winter air at night didn't bother them at all, while she had to wear a cloak to shield herself from the cold due to her humanity. Even then, the cloak she wore still wasn't enough to ward off the cold air completely.

Mila tightened her cloak around her. At occasion like this, she chose to forego her comfort as to not stuck out wearing too much while everyone else acted as if the air was as warm as Summer night.