Chapter 24- Runaways

Start from the beginning

"What?" Robin asked.

"Ebony's been calling me and texting the whole day. I hadn't noticed it. Fuck, she must be so worried."

"Actually, I texted her that you had come here when I arrived." Robin said. "Right now she's just being clingy."

"Yeah, she's been like that for a while now." Ruby sighed, saving her phone in her pocket without reading her girlfriend's thousands of messages. "She kind of dropped the L bomb on me." Robin stared at Ruby in shock while she smiled awkwardly.

"Did you say it back?"

"Gosh, no." Ruby answered, chuckling. "It's way to soon in out relationship. Our oficial relationship that is."

"So you don't love her?" Robin asked, hoping the answer would be no.

"Of course I do." Ruby said, making them sigh disappointedly. "I love her with all my heart. I mean how could I not after everything that happened last year. She was perfect."

"Was?"

Ruby sighed, moving a stray hair behind her ear. "She's changed, somehow. I used to feel so safe around her and now I don't. In fact I feel very much suffocated. She's just not the same person she used to be."

"Maybe you should break up with her then." Robin suggested.

"What? Of course I won't break up with her." 

"You just said she's not the same girl you fell in love with."

"She changed a bit, but that doesn't mean I don't love her still." Ruby said. "People change, it's a part of life. I just need to learn to love this new side of her."

"That seems a lot like a toxic relationship to me." Robin mumbled to themselves.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Ruby." Someone shouted from afar. The two looked ahead and noticed the Winx approaching them and Stella was waving excitedly. "Oh, Ruby."

"What are you doing here?" The redhead asked, running up to them along with Robin.

"We can't find the Pixies." Layla answered.

"What do you mean? Didn't they go play Bamboozle ball?" Robin asked, frowning.

"Where have you been all day?" Bloom suddenly asked, crossing her arms putting up her big sister atitude.

"I was training and lost track of time." Ruby answered.

"There's one thing called losing track of time and another very different called doing something for 12 hours in a row." Robin whispered.

"Shh, your not helping." Ruby whispered back.

"12 hours?" Bloom shouted, uncrossing her arms with an astonished expression. "You've been practicing your magic for 12 hour straight?"

"12 hours gay, actually." Robin joked, trying to lighten up the mood, but that only got them two glares from the sisters. "No? Ok."

"Bloom, please, it's nothing. Don't overreact." Ruby said, rolling her eyes.

"Oh, you think I'm overreacting?" Bloom said, stepping closer to her sister. "You've clearly not looked yourself in the mirror. You're pale, you've got bags under your eyes and your legs are shaking so much that they can barely support your weight. Tell me, how are any of these symptoms reasons for me be calm?"

"Bloom, please relax." Flora said, placing a hand on her friend's shoulder. "Let's just go find the Pixies."

"Fine, but we'll talk about this later Ruby." Bloom assured her, before grabbing her wrist and dragging her with her towards the forest.