Aveline's eyes snapped open originally in irritation but softened when she realized it was Remus.

A verbal word wasn't spoken between them, their eyes locked in a silent discussion.

An elephant could've ran through the common room And neither teenager would have noticed — too lost in the confusion and tension that lingered between their eyes.

She lifted the cherry sucker to her lips, placing it in her mouth slowly. The blush that ran across Remus's face made her snicker, as he looked away, breaking the eye contact.

"What's wrong Lupin?" She asked innocently, tilting her head. His eyes flickered back to her, tension running through the bottom of his jaw. "You seem flushed."

In response he merely took another drag of her cigarette, holding in the inhale as his eyes flickered from the candy in her mouth to the way display of her hips in her uniforms skirt to the way her thighs looked in the sheer stockings she adorned.

He did his best to play it cool, but he was a teenage boy and Aveline Rosier had a face with lips that made him want to get down on his knees and pray to her.

As much as she wished she could spend the rest of her evening squished between Remus Lupin and a wall, a quick glance at the clock behind him told her it was half past eight, and her stomach lurched as she remembered where she soon would need to be .

The girl faked a yawn, stretching her arms above her head.

"I'm exhausted, I think I'll head back to my room," she said,hopping down from her seat

"I'll walk you back," Remus spoke at once.

She knew he would offer this, he always did, even when they were in petty arguments he would go out of his way to make sure she got back safe. That was one of the most annoyingly gentlemanly things about the boy.

There was simply no way for her to ditch him, so she decided she would just have let him walk her back then sneak from the Hufflepuff common room.

As she went to bid her the rest of her friends goodnight, she noticed the absence of both James and Marlene.

"Say," the girl spoke to no one particularly, eyes flickering across the room. "Where's James and Marlene? I thought they didn't have practice tonight."

"James went to the kitchen for a snack," Lily answered, peaking over at Aveline from her book. "Not sure about Marlene. Probably up to something no one wants to hear about."

"Probably up to someone more like it," Sirius muttered under his breathe.

Aveline accepted Lily's answer but something about it still seemed off to her. James was the most co- dependent person she knew, the boy simply didn't exist outside the orbit of Lily Evans or Sirius Black.

"Actually," Lily spoke, setting her book down on the coffee table. "I wouldn't mind a snack myself, I'll walk down with you guys if you don't mind."

"Sweet innocent Evans, Remus walking her to her dorm is code for snogging the shi— OW!" Sirius bellowed grabbing his shin as Remus cut him off with a harsh kick. Sirius, the ever drama queen rolled his eyes before jumping off the couch himself. " Well! If it's gonna be a big party, I'll walk with you guys too. I've got an appointment in a broom closet in 15."

He winked, Aveline gagged.

"With who?" Mary asked, her face also laced with disgust.