Letters and Lies

Beginne am Anfang

This was not good — she could feel it in her stomach as she opened the letter, taking in the overly elegant scrawl of the head master.

Miss Rosier

I trust the semester is treating you well.

I invite you to my office tonight,  nine o'clock  sharp.

It is my request you do not inform anyone of this meeting.

Toodles,

Albus Dumbledore

Aveline at this point was hoping she was just expelled, because whatever this was— was not good. She could feel it in her stomach, in her chest and her throat. Though  the thing with Proffesor Dumbledore, is when he asks you to do something  , you do it. There was no, ditching or avoiding Albus Dumbledore she would have to show up to this meeting no matter how much it made her want to throw up, cry and scream.

"Hey Ave," James spoke, walking towards with his hands in his pocket, his usual perfect head boy attire slightly wrinkled and slouched.

On instinct  she jumped, suspicion wafting off of her as she quickly shoved the letter in her bag. She cursed herself, as his eyes narrowed.

"Everything okay?"  He asked.

"Everything is great! Peachy, fantastic and uh great!"

Her tone was two pitches higher than normally, the red in her cheeks moving across her entire face. James knew her well enough to see right through her rather horrid attempt at appearing normal, the boy snorting with a bit of laughter.

"What? You high or something?"

Aveline nodded, aggressively bobbing her head up and down.

"On a Wednesday night?"  James asked. "You know I'm headboy, I could give you detention for this."

For a second there was silence between the two — a stare down between the two as Aveline raised an eyebrow.

At once, they both broke into giggles, James throwing an arm over her shoulder as they walked down the hall together towards the Gryffindor common room. Aveline listening to James ramble about how annoying the Slytherin
prefects could be.

That was the usual routine after dinner— given no one had prefect rounds or quidditch practice.

The marauders and friends would head to the gryffindor common room and often spend the evenings swimming in essays and homework assignments well smoking the occasional cigarette and having the occasional laugh.  Though tonight, all Aveline could focus on was the letter in her book bag, trying to plan a way to ditch her friends in a way none of them would follow her.

She was absentmindedly listening  to Marlene and Sirius argument on which one of them would win in a fight. Sirius arguing that was stronger physically, and Marlene arguing that she was less of a little bitch than him.

Aveline was sitting in the window cell, her legs folded beneath as she was bundled in a pink fuzzy she stole from Lily. In one hand was a cherry sucker, the other a cigarette, the blonde girl going back and forth between the two vices. The slight breeze from the cracked open window felt like tiny little kisses on her cheek, the girl tilting back her head and allow her eyes to close as she rested her head on the wall behind her.

She didn't even notice that a certain brunette werewolf had wandered over to her. He watched her for a moment before snatching the cigarette out of her fingers, bringing it to his own lips and taking a draw.