Backstabbing Students

Start from the beginning

   Ace steps back. "What're you doing?"

   Crowley only gets uncomfortably close. "Hello there, I'm a reporter with TBC News! You attend Night Raven College, correct?"

   "Uh, yeah... I guess?" Ace cringes. "Geez, ever hear of personal space, Headmage?"

   "Is it true that ghosts took over your campus? Give us an honest answer! Oh, by the way, this is going to be in tomorrow morning's edition."

   Crowley snatches your ghost camera and takes quick shots of Ace.

   "Hey!" You shout.

   "Here, let's get a picture for the article!"

   Ace holds up a hand to block the flashing light coming from the camera. "That flash is making me see stars!"

   "A student was kidnapped as well, yes? And you abandoned him when he needed you most, isn't that right?"

   Ace glares at the Headmage. "Look, man, I don't know what to tell you! I'm not even in his dorm!"

   "So you deserted him just because you weren't close? How utterly ruthless! This deserves a special feature! Sage's Island Rocked by Horrific Betrayal at Prestigious Academy!"

   "Dude, cut it out! Stop pointin' that camera at me!"

   Crowley attacks Ace with more blinding flashes. Azul rolls his eyes, snatching the camera and hands it back to you.

   "If Shroud never returns," Crowley continues. "I can assure you the press will be crawling all over our campus day and night, hounding you with questions. I, being the considerate person I am, have no desire to see my students run ragged with fear and anxiety."

   "If you won't help, I'll hack the TV stations and remove any censoring from your faces on TV." Ortho glares at the boys. "And I'll make sure to add a ticker that reads Backstabbing students!"

   Azul folds his arms. "My, the apple doesn't fall far from the twisted tree."

   "I suspect the headmage would be held responsible if a scandal broke out." Riddle adds. "He'd have the most to lose."

   "But it'd still be bad for us." Deuce runs a hand through his hair. "My mom would cry if she saw me on the news like that."

   Vil shakes his head. "The tabloids would have a field day, ripping my image to shreds. Unacceptable on all levels."

   "Looks like they've forced us to lend a helping hand." Lilia says to Sebek. "I won't stand for any allegations that claimed Briar Valley's heir apparent failed to save a single child of man."

   Sebek nods. "You're absolutely right, Lilia!"

   "Then I believe we've reached a consensus! We'll all work together to rescue poor Shroud from the Ghost Bride!" The Headmage smiles. "Ahhh, how fortunate I am to have such a kindhearted student body!"

   Grim scoffs. "That's the fakest smile I've ever seen!"

   Ortho paces with a hand to his chin. "Let's brainstorm how we're gonna save my brother!"

   "What if we try talking things out with the bride?" Kalim suggests. "We could even do it over a dinner party! Maybe she'll let Idia go if we just explain the issue."

   "A lovely proposal, Roi Doré." Rook says to Kalim. "Though there's one troubling detail: Would a bride who's spent so long seeking her groom be willing to relinquish him?" Rook glances to you. "Were it myself, I would never let my dear beloved go."