"I'm sorry, it's just-" He raised his hand to stop me. "It's all good, really" he reassured me with a smile, but his expression turned serious in a matter of seconds. I could feel the energy thickening between us; he was getting furious, a familiar look when he wanted to protect me.

"Why did you act like everything was fine with you?"

Not gonna lie, I've never seen Taehyung this serious, even though we've been friends for a long time; this was the first time.

"I wasn't ready to dump all of my problems on you."

He looked dissatisfied with my answer, more like it made him angrier. Honestly, I don't know why I hid it from him. Maybe, for once, I wanted to pretend that I was fine. Taehyung's eyes narrowed, and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"You know I could help," he asserted, his tone was a mix of frustration and genuine care. As the words left his lips, there was a fleeting moment of his gaze softening. But still, I couldn't shake the knowing of how I just hurt him with keeping him in the dark.

"I should've told you way before; I'm sorry." Even though I apologized multiple times, it felt like it wasn't enough. Telling him everything beforehand would have made a big difference. But now that I've shared it with Taehyung, the weight that was pulling me down all along has been lifted from my chest.

"We should get your stuff, or else you'll rot in those clothes," he attempted to inject a bit of humor and lighten the mood, pointing at my clothes from yesterday.

"Yeah, you're right," I replied, resting my head in my hands. Something was holding me back, once again. I didn't want to go back there, not ever, because I knew memories would hit me like a truck. In the past, I used to care about others' opinions of me, but now I really don't mind whether they see me as a runaway "kid" or not. Even though I can run but never hide from my family line, because I still carry the same pair of his eyes. I do find it strange, only thing we share is a one last name.

"I know you don't want to go back there, but we have to."  It was like he read my mind, and he was right. At least I wouldn't be alone, right?

I nodded in agreement, and as we settled the bill for our coffee, we exited the café. I can't help but think I should return; perhaps it's the comforting ambiance of this place or simply the presence of Taehyung.

                           *After car ride*

At first glance, it may appear to be an ordinary house, where a small family resides but, in my eyes, it radiates a sense of loneliness. I guess he's not home, as is often the case. Hope he won't show up, and I can handle everything without him causing another scene. It stings a little that he didn't try to find me; he simply let me go. Does he still hold any love for me? I doubt it now; he's become an entirely different person.

"You alright? we've been standing here for about 5 minutes" Taehyung whined.

"Yeah, right. Sorry, let's go." Returning to reality, I finally opened the door. It creaked, and the sound echoed through the empty house. As expected, it was empty, and a wave of relief washed over me as we walked into the living room.

"I'll go upstairs; can you wait here?" I looked at him with pleading eyes, knowing Taehyung; he would follow.

"Don't you need help for packing?" he still asked.

"I'll manage the packing; I'll call you for help later" I assured, leaving him in the living room.

Walking into my room, my go-to place for some alone time, a mix of emotions hit me. The familiar space, usually comforting, now triggered a hint of tears. I took a deep breath, trying to push away the overwhelming feelings, and began sorting through my drawers.