"I-it's not that simple...You know I don't have a lot of experience admitting what I feel. And to someone I like? I don't know how."  You sighed, once again letting your hands slip out from hers.

Her exasperated huff made you raise your eyes and take in her perplexed expression.

"Now how in the hell do you think you're gonna pursue a relationship with that hunk of a man if you can't even handle holding hands? Relationships are a lot more physical than that, N/N."

Immediately you froze, trying to find the right words to say next. "You know how I feel about that. I'm not comfortable with any of...that."

"Psh, you never are. So what's the point of even liking anyone, anyways? Anyone can be polite and understanding, but everyone has needs yknow." She chuckled, patting a hand onto your shoulder.

You started to tense up, feeling your breathing shallow out. Not only for touch she laid onto you, but for the words she spoke that sank your heart further into your chest. For so long you'd overlooked this one trait of hers; being touchy and clingy, and this is how she would repay your tolerance? By ending up on the same road as everyone else had with you?

Feeling your heart pound in your chest, you averted your gaze and scooted away. Maybe she was right...

"He's nice to me. He's never hinted at anything more than being my friend...And he certainly has never laid a hand on me; friendly or other."

"The hell is that supposed to mean?" She scoffed, furrowing her brow and retracting her hand. "I'm just being honest. You told me yourself once; you prefer honesty over a sweet lie. Should I lie to you and say 'Oh don't worry N/N, this guy's different than anyone else on earth. He's got no human emotions or desires; your perfect match!' ? Cause I won't lie to you. That's the truth."

Taking another step back, you fought to keep control over your shaking. But little by little your composure was breaking away.

"That-that's not true. Not wanting to be touched doesn't equate to being emotionless or having no desire, innocent or other."

"Oh so now you're not "ace" or whatever it is? This asexual thing you explained to me means no desire or attraction!" She chuckled exasperatedly.

"That's not how that works for everyone-"

"No. You. That's not how it works for you. Because there's no one else out there who thinks up this bullshit like you do. You can think whatever you want for yourself, that's fine. Just don't confuse it with the truth." She cut you off, crossing her arms over her chest with a sigh.

"Listen, I'm just saying that, as a woman, you gotta expect these things, yknow?" She continued on, using a softer tone paired with a sympathetic smile.

"I don't go by woman, or man. You know that," You cried out in exasperation, hugging your arms tightly.

"And that! First with the contradicting 'sexuality' and always with the in between gender! You cant just stay in between these lables and expect to live a normal life anyone could understand!" 

Tears brimmed your eyes as you watched her storm out of your dorm room with her last insult stinging your heart, and your wanted nothing more than to run and hind when you heard her continue to mutter to herself as she paced down the halls. Now left alone, you contemplated your choices.

She could be right about him; he could simply be someone who knew how to hide his intentions and you'd end up trapped in a situation your rather die than be in.

But...

Who were you to trust? The woman who never quite accepted your request for physical boundaries, or the man who had applauded you for keeping to yourself out of self-comfort?