Chapter 42: Who Are They?

Running through the crowd hand in hand, Lilith and Draco try to make their way back to their tent. They ran along the tree line, deciding it was the best way to avoid getting hurt. Out of the forest, another black hooded figure appeared right in front of them. This caused Lilith to stop in her tracks, Draco running into her from behind.

Lilith glares at them, "I don't know who the hell you think you are but I command you to stand down and get out of my way".

They chuckle, "We no longer take orders from you or your grandfather...sweetheart".

Draco's eyes darken, "Who the hell are you calling sweetheart?".

They start to back up into the trees, "I'd watch your back if I were you".

They quickly turn to see a bright blue light heading straight towards them. Draco pulls them both towards the forest, falling on top of each other as the spell hits a tree behind them. It explodes into pieces, dirt and leaves falling all around them.

Laying on the ground, the sound of people screaming gets blocked out by a loud persistent ringing in their ears. Lilith groans and slowly sits up, trying not to fall back into Draco who looked dazed, not really moving. She breathes quickly as she looks around, her eyes failing to focus on anything.

Two masked figures approach them and one of them laughs deeply, "Well, would you look at that? It seems like the princess is losing her crown".

Lilith glares up at them as her hair falls on her face, "My...father...will kill you".

They chuckle and grab their wands from their sleeves, "We'll see who gets there first".

Her eyes widen as one of the wands is pointed straight at her, the other at Draco laying beside her.

Just as a red light starts emitting from their wands, a voice shouts, "Draco! Lilith!".

A spell hits the backs of the attackers and they both collapse to the ground. But not before their own spell was cast, hitting Lilith in the chest and sending her flying back into a tree. Her head barely missed but she landed on a raised tree root. She cried out in pain, causing Draco to snap out of his dazed state and drag his body towards her.

He leans back against the tree and cradles her head to his chest as she groans in pain, "Lia, oh Merlin, I'm so sorry. I should have protected you".

Tears line her eyes, "D-draco?". She groans and grabs her side, "It hurts".

"Draco!".

He looks up to see Lucius running towards them, "Dad!".

Lucius leans down, "Oh, sweetheart, we need to get you both home. Now. I already sent a Patronus so they're waiting".

They tried sitting her up but she cried out, "Ah! No, no, no. It hurts".

Lucius sighs, "I'm sorry, sweetheart, but apparating is going to hurt a lot worse. It will take an entire day to get back home otherwise". He grabs her free hand, "Can you be a brave girl for me?".

She looks up at Draco sniffling and nods slowly. Draco wraps one hand around her head, cradling her into his chest further. The other wraps carefully around her waist, avoiding where she was holding her side.

Lucius tightens his grip on her hand, "Let's get you two home".