Chapter 26: Don't Touch Him

"You sure you don't wanna come, Lia?".

Lilith was sitting with her legs hanging off the side of Draco's bed, her body facing the front of the room where Draco was putting on his jacket.

She smiles, "Yes, Draco, I'm sure".  

He turns to her and laughs, "Come on, Lil". He walks over and leans on the bedpost, "Father's finally coming to take that beast away for hurting you".

She stands and starts pushing him out of the room, "Just go. Take the boys and go on your little safari. I'm just gonna stay here and...fix your Ancient Runes essay".

He turns and scoffs, "It's not that bad, thank you very much. Besides, who writes in Ancient Runes anymore?".  

She laughs, "Yeah, that's what you said when grandpa first taught us Parseltongue. Now go before I make the boys drag you out".  

Draco laughs and walks out the dorm, Lilith closing the door behind him. He heads downstairs to meet Crabbe and Goyle before heading off towards Hagrid's hut. They find a big rock to wait behind until they see Lucius arrive.

Draco leans back on the rock, "Father's finally got permission to get rid of that beast for hurting Lia".

Crabbe nods, "It was only a matter of time".

Goyle scoffs, "They say this is a safe place but allow creatures like that to stick around".  

They hear a voice approaching them, "I can't believe they're going to kill Buckbeak. It's horrible and a complete overreaction".  

The boys look up to see Hermione marching towards them, a slightly scared Harry and Ron trailing behind her.

Draco smirks, "Come to see the show?".

She huffs and angrily stomps over, "You...foul...loathsome...evil...little cockroach...".

Harry tries to catch up, "Her...Hermione, wait!".

Draco takes a step back as she points her wand at his neck, "And what do you plan on doing with that?".  

Ron runs over, "Hermione, it's not worth it".

She turns to him huffing, which causes him to run and hide behind Harry.

Harry sighs, "Hermione, come on, let's just go down and see Hagri-".  

All of a sudden she turns and socks Draco straight in his jaw, causing him to stumble back. The boys catch him before his head hits the rock, Harry and Ron looking shocked at their friend.

Harry shouts, "Hermione! What the hell?!".

They hear a voice behind them, "What...the hell...indeed".

They turn to see a seething Lilith standing at the top of the stairs leading inside the castle, arms crossed with a death stare aimed at Hermione.

Hermione smirks, "He was asking for it".

Lilith tilts her head, "Asking...for it? Please explain to me how Draco was asking to be punched in the face?".

Harry sighs, "Hermione, I'm serious, let's just go before you do anymore damage".

Draco walks up to Lilith, "Come, Lia. Let's go see your father".  

Lilith turns and slowly holds his cheek, "Are you ok? Does it hurt?".

He smiles, "I'm ok. I'm sure it hurt less than what that Hippogriff did to your leg".

Hermione hears this and begins her charge, "That's it! You wanna go again you little-".

Before she could get any closer, she suddenly stops as ropes suddenly wrap around her body.

She turns her head to see Lilith holding her wand out, "Don't you dare take another step towards him".

Harry was shocked at the wordless magic that just occurred. But what shocked him more was the slight green glow that were emitting from her eyes.