Chapter 20: Control Your Demons

Lilith, Draco and Severus were sitting with Tom at The Three Broomsticks, the two adults having fire whiskey while the teens each had butterbeer.  

Lilith sighs, "That's everything that's happened so far".

Severus leans on the table and turns to Tom, "Father, there's something I don't understand. When the Dementors were recruited you, yourself told them to stay off grounds so that these two don't get hurt. Why are they disobeying, they are meant to be loyal to you?".  

Tom shakes his head, "I don't know, son. I was informed that Dumbledore was attempting to create a relationship between them but I never heard of the outcome. They know to stay away from areas where they can sense my grand-daughter".

Draco takes a sip of his drink, "Do you think Dumbledore has something to do with this? Did he...I don't know...give them an ultimatum to follow him insead?".  

Tom sighs, "It's definitely possible but it would have to be the perfect ultimatum. It took years for me to develop an allyship with the Dementors and they swore their loyalty to me and my family". He turns to Lilith, "I almost threatened to use them to defend Severus when he was getting bullied at your age".  

Lilith laughs, "So what do we do now, grandpa? After what happened to Potter...I don't know how you could get through to them?".

"I'll think of something, sweetheart. You three need to head back to the castle. Hopefully I can talk to them and see what the hell they are thinking by putting my family in danger".  

That night, Lilith made her way to the Astronomy Tower, Draco in his room unaware of where she was. She looks out towards the mountains surrounding Hogwarts. In the distance, she could see the silhouette of the Dementors flying around. She grabs her arms and lets out a big sigh.  

She hears a voice behind her, "Beautiful view".  

She jumps and abruptly turns around. Her breath quickens as she raises her wand. She sees Harry standing at the entrance of the tower, hands raised in defence.

Lilith lowers her wand, "Merlin, Potter. We have Dementors running around the castle and you think it's a good idea to scare me?".

He lowers his hands, "Sorry".

She turns back to the mountains and Harry slowly walks up next to her. They spend a few seconds just staring at the view in silence.

Harry asks, "Why did you visit me in the Hospital Wing?".  

She places her hands on the railing, "Neville was with us. One of your Gryffindor buddies came and informed him about your injuries. He ran there and we followed. Slytherins are many things but we're loyal, Potter. We weren't about to leave our friend in a troubled state".  

He nods, "I get that. Neville definitely seems happier with you guys. He speaks very highly of you and how you made him feel like he finally belongs somewhere. Plus...". He smirks, "...I think he has a crush".

Lilith smirks and rolls her eyes, "You don't say. If I have to hear Blaise go on and on about Neville one more time I'm going to throw him in the Great Lake".

Harry laughs, "It's amazing how oblivious they are to it. They make it so obvious".

"I know right, it's crazy".

He sighs, "You know...I came to a realisation recently".

"What's that?".  

"I'm starting to have a bad feeling about the Headmaster". He turns to her, "I overheard a conversation with him and your father talking about the situation with...the portrait. I'm second guessing myself".

She turns to him, "Well, that's something you need to figure out on your own, Potter. I may have pureblood ideals but that does not mean that I'm going to force you to join our side. I will say that this sudden doubt of the senile man does up your rankings with us a little. You can come to me anytime you want to talk more about this".

She starts to walk out when Harry stops her, "Wait, I doubt your friends will be cool with my hanging out with you".

She turns and smirks, "Well then it's a good thing they don't call the shots".

And with that, she walks back to the dungeons, leaving Harry with a lot of thinking to do.