Chapter 37: Special Outing

Lilith sits in the Riddle Manor lounge room, reading a book on healing potions while she waits for Draco to come downstairs. She has her hair down, styled slightly wavy. She was wearing a dark green short sleeved button up, tied at her waist, and dark blue jeans with short black leather boots.

As she turns the page, she hears a voice behind her, "You ready to go?".

She turns her head to see Draco standing in the doorway, adjusting the buttons on his short sleeve black button up shirt. He was wearing some lighter blue jeans and black dress shoes.

She smirks and sets her book down, "You Malfoys always have to overdress. It's literally just ice cream".

He looks up and smirks, "You're one to talk, Snape. We're practically dressed the same".

She stands and walks over, "Yeah, yeah, let's just go before Florean's closes".

She grabs his hand and they apparate to Diagon Alley. Normally, they would be reprimanded for underage magic, but since they used wandless magic and were in the Riddle Manor at the time, it cannot be detected.

They land in Knockturn Alley next to Borgin and Burkes. Dusting themselves off and Lilith adjusting her hair, they make their way through to the main strip of Diagon Alley.

As they're walking past the tattoo parlour, Lilith asks, "What took you so long to come down?". She smirks, "Certainly you didn't spend that long on your hair".

Draco laughs, "Not any longer than usual. No, your uncle had some...choice words...for me I guess".

She nods, "Uncle Barty can be quite protective of me, especially now. According to daddy, he was a lot worse when Regulus was alive since there were two of us".

Draco tilts his head in confusion, "Wouldn't that mean it was less because it was spread out over his partner and baby niece?".

She laughs, "You would think that but no. He never wanted to give us less than a hundred percent of his attention".

He whispers to himself, "At least we have something in common".

They finally make it to Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour, looking in the window and noticing it's not too busy. They walk over and start browsing the display case of flavours. A man with slicked back brown hair, gold round glasses and a plaid vest greets them at the counter.

He smiles at the pair, "Mr Malfoy, a pleasure as always". He reaches out and grasps his hands in Lilith's, "Lilith, darling, so wonderful to see you".

She smiles, "I always love coming here to try your new flavours, Florean".

Florean, the owner, walks over to the flavour display, "Well, in that case, I've just got some new flavours that I think you'll both really like".

He grabs two large cups and places them down on the counter. They watch as he scoops an off-white ice cream into them, placing a small plastic spoon in each.

He walks back over and hands them one over the counter, "This is a Buttered Baguette flavour that I accidentally created a little while back". He smiles as they each take a bite, "Took some time to finally perfect it".

Lilith shakes her head, "There are no accidents in your masterful craft, Florean. This is absolutely delicious, as always".

Draco nods and hands him some money, "You truly have a gift".

Florean bows his head, "You're both too kind. Enjoy your date, you two".

Lilith and Draco avoid eye contact with each other as they find a table, deciding that the floor was the discovery of a lifetime. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: 

I just wanted to quickly mention that I'm slightly changing Cedric's age and by extension the rules for the Triwizard Tournament. 

I am making Cedric a sixth year instead of seventh. This way, when it comes to the ship between him and Harry, there is only a two year age difference between them instead of three (which honestly makes me feel better about it anyway). 

This also means that the age restriction for the tournament is for sixth years and seventh years, instead of just the seventh.