Chapter 6: Divination

Lilith, Draco, Pansy and Blaise were sitting together in their first Divination class of the year, as well as Crabbe and Goyle sitting behind them. Most people took this class for an easy pass, since they can practically say anything and call it an interpretation, but this group of friends were a little more open-minded.  

The teacher, Professor Trelawney, smiles at the class, "Welcome, my children. In this room, you shall explore the mysterious art of Divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess...the Sight. Hello. I am Professor Trelawney. Together, we shall cast ourselves into the future. But know this. One either has the Gift or not. It cannot be divined from the pages of a book. Books only cloud one's Inner Eye".

Lilith smirks and whispers to herself, looking down towards Hermione,, "Too bad".  

Trelawney continues, "The first term will be devoted to the reading of tea leaves. If all goes well, we will proceed to palmistry, fire omens, and finally...the crystal ball. Unfortunately, classes will be disrupted in February by a nasty bout of flu. I myself will lose my voice. And in late Spring, one of our numbers will...leave us forever".

The class glances around the room uneasily.  

"Well then. Shall we?".

Lilith grabs the teacup from the table and places it in front of her. Looking inside, there was a cloud of tea leaves. Sitting between her and Draco was the textbook, Unfogging the Future, where there were different types of symbols and their interpretation.

"Broaden your minds, my dears. And allow your eyes to see...beyond". Trelawney walks over to the two, "What do you see, my dear?".

Lilith looks in her cup, "I see...a cross, which means...". She consults with the book, "...trials and suffering".  

Draco looks at her with slight worry and Trelawney nods, "Well, considering your family, I wouldn't be that surprised, dear".

Lilith looks at her friends with confusion and the Professor heads towards another table.

Pansy leans in and whispers, "How does she know about your family?".

She shakes her head, "I...I don't know. Maybe she's just referring to my father. I mean, he did go to school with her".  

"I guess that makes sense. There's no way she would know about your grandfa-".

"Ahhh!".

Everyone jumps in their seats and turns towards the direction of the noise, seeing Professor Trelawney standing next to Harry and Ron, staring down at a teacup.  

She stares at Harry, still holding the cup, "My dear boy...You have the Grim".

Seamus asks, "The Grin? What's the Grin?".

One of the girls, Parvati, responds, "The Grim. Not the grin, you idiot".

The boy sitting next to him, Dean, turns to Trelawney, "But what does it mean, Professor?".  

Lilith calls out, "Death".

They all turn to her and Hermione scoffs, "What?".

She leans forward, "Taking the form of a giant spectral dog, it is among the darkest omens in our world. It is an omen...of death". She smirks, "Honestly, you always brag about reading ahead and yet you continue to surprise me, Granger".

After class, the group of Slytherins were heading towards Hagrid's Hut for their Care of Magical Creatures class with their new Professor.  

They hear a voice from behind them, "Death omens. Honestly".

They stop and turn to see the Golden Trio walking behind them. Hermione was visibly frustrated, probably from their previous class.

She continues to vent to the boys, "If you ask me, Divination's a very wooly discipline". She notices the group in front of them, "Can I help you?".

Draco smirks, "You know for a muggle-born witch you'd think you;d be more open-minded to the world of magic, but I guess not. Cause if your mind is too small to understand, you decide to immediately dismiss it".

She stares at him in shock, "Excuse me?!".

Lilith pulls Draco away to start walking towards their class, "You heard what Trelawney said...Broaden your minds".

And with that, she leaves the Trio behind and follows her friends down the hill. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: 

I apologise for the delay in updates in all my books, but especially this one. I recently finished school for the year which means I am picking up more shifts at work, making updating a little tricky. I was also sick for a week but now I'm all good. 

With the holidays coming up, updates will come out a bit sporadically but I will try my best regardless, mainly updating on weekends. 

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 

Voldermort's Grand-Daughter: Fates' Wagerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें