Chapter 41: Rouge Attack

After the game, they headed back to the tent, Draco basically dancing around the room the entire time. Lilith laughs at his excitement, teasing him about his admiration of Viktor Krum, the Bulgarian Seeker.

Lucius smiles at the two, basking in the laughter and excitement around him. They had now changed out of their formal wear into something more comfortable. Both Lilith and Draco were wearing Slytherin green and black crew neck jumpers, with their pyjama pants.

Lilith sits up on the couch, "We should probably go find Cedric before we go".

Lucius nods, "Just be safe. There's going to be a lot of people celebrating".

Draco walks over towards Lilith, "We know, father. We'll be careful".

"I have no doubt that you can take care of yourselves. Be back in an hour so we can head back home before it gets too dark".

They give Lucius a big hug and head out of the tent. They start walking around trying to find the Diggory's tent, weaving through the crowd. Not paying attention to what's in front of them, someone bumps into them.

"Oh, sorry".

Lilith turns around, "That's alright-". She smirks as she recognises the redhead in front of her, "Weasley. A pleasure as always".

Ron huffs, "Snape".

He starts to walk away when she crosses her arms, "You've changed".

He turns around, "What?".

She turns around and slowly walks closer, "For over a year now, you've been slowly fading more into the background. When Granger used to retaliate against us, you would join in alongside her. Now, both you and Harry keep your mouths shut. Why is that?".

Ron doesn't answer, he just stares at her deep in thought. He was looking in her eyes for judgement but all he saw was genuine curiosity. He sighs as he really thinks about what changed over the last year.

He stares at the ground, "Neville really idolises you, he can't stop talking about his boy-".

He gets interrupted by a loud bang off in the distance, followed by the sound of people shouting.

Draco looks towards the sound, "Huh, sounds like some firework celebrations".

Lilith notices a hooded figure off in the distance, wearing a black mask and her smile immediately falls.

She grabs Draco's arm, "Draco. Those aren't fireworks".

He looks the direction she was looking and his body stiffens, "Weasley, get back to your tent. Now".

Ron squints, "What, why?".

Draco slowly backs up, "Just get back to your tent and get out of here-!".

A loud explosion goes off near them, causing the three to fall to the ground. Dirt flies everywhere and they hear people screaming, running in all directions. Ron stands and quickly runs back to where his tent was, while Draco helps Lilith stand.

They dodge their way through the crowd, holding each other's hand so they don't lose each other. Lilith stops in her tracks as she sees a small group of hooded people all wearing the same black masks that she saw before.

Draco asks, "Lia, what's wrong?".

She whispers, "Death Eaters".

"What the hell are they doing here? The raid was called off".

She shakes her head, "I don't know but we need to go back before your father starts going on a murder rampage".