And maybe yours, too.

The two of you touched down nearly in synch, catching your breath as you playfully shoved at one another's shoulders with mumbles of disagreements for who'd won.

Hearing someone clear their throat, you both stopped and stared ahead with wide eyes. The rest of the SOS had made it up to the top before the both of you, much to your disgruntlement.

"Oi, you shifters...or whatever they're calling you now; you're more trouble than you're worth," Oulo grumbled out, folding his arms loosely across his chest.

Shrugging your shoulders with a careless smile, you strode past him and jumped over to an adjacent branch and took a seat with your back propped against the trunk.

"Just lessening the tension," you sighed, closing your eyes a moment.

"Lessening the tension, my ass. You act as childish as Jeager."

"Hey!" Eren scrunched up his face and jutted his chin, squaring his shoulders as though ready for a fight.

"Oulo that's enough!" Petra cried, shooting her companion a glare. "Captain Levi said that Commander said this was of utmost importance, so you'd better act like it!"

"Of course it's of most importance dear Petra, I just don't see why Captain placed me here among you children instead of taking me with him for assistance." Oulo clicked his tongue in annoyance, his posture aloft and dismissive.

"Assistance in what? Impersonations?" Gunther scoffed from his place leaned against one of the thick tree trunks with a humored grin.

"Wh-I do not..."

"You do, Oulo."

You smirked to yourself on the opposite branch. Their banter never failed to boost your moral. Especially now with so much clouding your mind.

You listened in as Eren jumped into the banter, and observed how the conversation took a more somber mood a moment later. With a grunt you stood and brushed yourself off, waltzing your way closer to your companions.

"Eld's right, we're in some weird shit right now. But don't you worry Eren, we've got this under control," you comforted the younger man with a grin.

He returned your smile, seemingly more at ease now with the reassurance of his friends. His shoulders were less tense now, and his hands finally fell from their fists.

With a frown you lowered your gaze to your boots. You understood his rage towards the beast. A devil, really. Another shifter in Paradis; only, this one was bloodthirsty and dangerous.

Hearing all those strangled cries behind you on the trail, accompanied by sickening crunches from bones snapping into pieces and tearing through flesh...It sickened you, made you see red as your hands shook. You'd had to restrain yourself as much as Eren from breaking formation then and there to take her out.

So many lives lost...So many you had to repay...

A sharp crack off in the distance startled you from your thoughts.

Turning to face the direction your comrades all stared off at, you saw a plume of black smoke shoot up over the tree line.

"A flair signal," Eren gasped.

"That's our cue. It's gotta be Captain's signal to regroup. We'll head that way immediately," Eld addressed you all, finally a small smile tugging at his thin lips.

"This'll all be over soon. Gunther, watch the rear with Y/N. Petra, Oulo, stay at Eren's sides. I'll take the lead."

"Sir yes sir!" You chirped, already clipping your handles to your blades. Taking a stand beside Gunther, you shot him a grin as you watch the others shoot off into the forrest ahead of you.