Chapter 57 - Dose of Insanity

Start from the beginning

The hell is his problem

"Don't worry, I can see you half-naked, I am not Natalie, I am not fascinated by you," He said with a roll of his eyes, destroying my world yet again with the mere mention of her name, "Come on, show me," I shot him a hard glare as I moved away from him, my hand curling into a fist, ready to plant it on his face if he insists further.

"Was it Isaac again?" He questioned, knowing the answer already.

I gave him a small nod, confirming his theory, and he let out a loud annoyed sigh, crashing back into the cushion beside me, mentally drained as well, "When are you killing him? Because I am so done with his shit."

His eyes flickered around the room, something not settling well with him and his eyebrows pulled closer, "Where is your girlfriend?" He asked, his eyes falling back on me, "Why isn't she here attending to your every need like the perfect thing she is?" He added with absolute mockery, totally unaware of the events that unfolded last night.

In a way, he was right.

His instincts worked better than mine.

He sensed something was off about her, while I saw the world through her eyes.

Blind. I was so fucking blind.

I tried to relax, to allow my tensed shoulders to drop down, to close my eyes and let them rest but every edge of my nerves was pressing, crushing, sending alarm signals to my brain; to run, to flee, to fight, to ruin and kill.

"We broke up," I mumbled, limiting my explanation to that sentence.

Alex's eyes widened instantly, totally not expecting this turn of events, "Woah, for...for real?"

I nodded my head.

He shook his head, trying to dismiss it, thinking it was some silly reason that drove us apart, "You'll get back together," He said, casually waving his hand in the air, "You always do for some reason."

I shook my head, "No, this time it's for real, it's...forever."

His eyebrows pulled closer, "So, what did your very unpleasant self do this time?" He asked, expecting me to be the reason for sure. I don't blame him, I always expected that I would be the one to mess everything up.

I shook my head, "It's what she did."

It's what I had done too, but her actions were the driving force.

It's almost too funny; there wasn't even a relationship between us in the first place to call this a breakup. It was all just an act, a scheme. A very well-done scheme.

God, she was good.

Alex's eyebrows pulled closer, so confused, unable to figure it out, "She didn't cheat on you, did she?"

I scoffed, "If only."

My words doubled Alex's confusion and even though he disliked Natalie lately, something seemed to dim in his expression, his shoulders slumping down and he backed his body into the cushion, sinking into it as he seemed to be thinking it through.

He couldn't figure out the reason no matter how hard he thought about it, because it was almost impossible. Because who would go and help Isaac, if not someone who hates me just as much as my dear father does?

Alex chose not to ponder over the reason too much, his head turned and his eyes fell on me, "No wonder you look so miserable," He mumbled and I glared at him for stating the obvious. He let out a low sigh and straightened himself in his seat, something resembling worry tightened every line on his face and he raised his arm up, "Come here," He urged.