𝗢𝗻𝗲

Pov Ricky

He had to see him again. And he hated him. He hated him a lot more than what he thought was possible.

At least Matthew, his best friend, would be there, to distract him so he wouldn't get into a fight with him.

Tho Ricky knew that he would never get into a fight, except if it was to protect or defend someone he loves.

He was not that kind of person. He was really, really kind. But he just couldn't show it that much to others.

Once he arrived at school, the first thing he saw was him. Kim Jiwoong. The boy he hated the most.

But he didn't have to think about him a lot. After a few seconds, Matthew showed up, smiling brightly.

"Ayyy. You look happier than you usually do. What happened?"

"I got a b- girlfriend. Yeah, a girlfriend."

Ricky looked shocked. For a moment, he thought Matthew would say that he got a boyfriend. He didn't like being friends with those people.

"You can pull people? That's crazy."

"Oh, shut up!"

Matthew laughed, and grabbed Ricky by his hand, pulling him into the school, as he saw a boy walking towards them.

"Woah woah woah, what's wrong?"

"My... Girlfriend. I don't want people to know about us, and it would've been hard to hide it if we stayed outside. She was coming towards us."

Ricky wanted to tell him that it was a good chance for him to meet her, but he didn't talk, since Matthew didn't want people to know.

They went to class, way before anyone else, something that was happening for the first time.

"Is this going to happen everyday now?"

"Maybe. Maybe not. Depends on you."

Him? What was wrong with him? Why was it depending on him? Questions he was bored to ask.

Once the bell rang, they all went in, and Ricky's face turned angry, as he saw Jiwoong walking into the class.

Their teacher was behind him, which made him even more angry since he hated Korean history a lot.

"Morning class! I have great news to tell you. But please, stop talking first."

Ricky was glaring at Jiwoong, like he did something wrong. He never even talked to him, so why would he do that?

Right, Jiwoong liked boys. And Ricky hated gays more than anything in that planet. And he hated a lot of things.

"Great. So you will- Ricky! Focus here, please. Thanks. As I was saying, you will work on a project with someone else. And to be sure that everyone will work, I paired you up myself."

Ricky looked at Matthew, hoping that they would work together since both of them were good students.

"Let me start with Gunwook. Is he here? Sweet! So, Gunwook, you will work with Matthew."

Both Matthew and Gunwook seemed more than happy to work together, but Ricky was about to cry.

"Let's see... Kim Jiwoong with... Ah, yes! Ricky!"

Once Ricky heard that, he stood up abruptly, and his chair almost fell. Matthew caught it the last minute.

"Please sit down-"

"I'm not pairing up with him! He's gay!"

Not everyone knew that, so most of them were surprised. Jiwoong, who was about to sleep at first, raised his head, with his eyes wide open, as he heard what Ricky said.

"Quiet! If you don't work with him, you'll fail class, I'm telling you!"

Ricky sat down, slamming his hand on the desk, scaring his best friend who was focused on his phone.

Jiwoong stood up, ran out of the class, and from what Ricky got by reading Jiwoong's seatmate's lips, he was crying.

But Ricky didn't seem to care about it at all. He hated him, so why would he care? There was no reason.

But Jiwoong never went back, which made Matthew worry. That kind of made Ricky suspicious, but it was probably because Matthew was kind, and not because he supported him.

Once the first period ended, Ricky ran out of the class, full of anger. He went to the bathroom, and started to hit the wall, until his knuckles were bleeding.

"Don't do that. You'll get hurt."

Ricky turned around, and when he saw Jiwoong, he hid his hand behind his back immediately.

"Don't talk to me. You like boys."

"I'm sorry..."

He whispered, and left, only looking at the ground, and nowhere else. Ricky felt a bit bad, but he didn't regret anything.

He washed his hands, and went out, like absolutely nothing happened at all. Not even Matthew noticed anything.

Did Jiwoong just apologised for being who he was? No one ever apologised for that, so why would Jiwoong do it?

Ricky was thinking about it, while Matthew was talking to him. But he never heard any of the things he told him.

"Ricky! Did you hear any of the things I said?"

"Hm? No, sorry. I didn't. Say it again."

"What?! No it's been an hour! What are you thinking?!"

Ricky looked at him, but he didn't want to tell him. He would think that he liked boys, just like Jiwoong.

"I need to go home. See ya!"

Ricky jabbered, and turned around to leave, but he bumped into someone. The someone he hated.

"I was looking for you. Do you, uh... Since we'll work together, want to come over, to my house? At like, 5 pm. That's when I'm free."

"Yeah yeah, I do, now get out of my way."

Ricky pushed him back, causing him to fall down, hitting his back on the ground, but Ricky ignored it.

He's the worst person to ever exist. There's mo way I'm going to his house. No fucking way.

Ricky went to his house, and threw his bag on the floor, not caring about anything. He really didn't want to work with him.

Or so he thought? Nah, Ricky hated him, and that couldn't change. Even after a million years.

He laid on the couch, and closed his eyes, surprisingly falling asleep immediately.