"Chanyeol...wait.."

""OK BYE"  he said pushing me into the trial room. I fell on my face into the pile of clothes I was carrying, bruising my elbows.

"Chanyeol WHAT THE HELL..."

I stopped in my tracks because of what....no WHO stood in front of me...

It was my own reflection in the mirror.

GODDESS I AM SO FUCKING BEAUTIFUL.

Right like???  Jai agreed

I slowly walked towards the mirror and touched my face. My skin looked supple and dewey, my cheekbones were so beautiful and eyes so stunningly light light brown. But as usual, the star of the show was my hair soft, black and wavy. Yup, my hair was definitely my best feature.

I decided to try on some of the clothes Chanyeol had thrown at me. They were absolutely horrendous but per usual my graceful body was making them work. I hadn't paid much attention to how my body type had changed during the war because...you know I was busy surviving it....but that constant running had given me toned and muscular thighs, my upper half was still much less muscular. I looked like the opposite of the guy who skips leg day at the gym. I looked like I ONLY worked legs.(Author: Basically not me. I hate leg days 🤘). 

I was lost in thought when suddenly the door to the trial room opened and someone walked in.

I met the eyes of the new entrant in the mirror.

Dominic.

My heart leapt up to my throat and panic gripped my breath. What was he doing here? How did he know where I was? He wanted to punish me now surely. He will drag me out of here and hurt me. I was so paralysingly discombobulated, that I had to remind myself to exhale.

Jai calm down. He can't hurt us.

For the first time I could feel Jai's anxiety coursing through my veins, as he pulled down our mental separation, due to sheer exhaustion. He hasn't been the same since Darius forced him to submit, and it was so sad to watch him quiver at the mere sight of Dominic.

I'm.....trying. Jai gulped.

I just stared back defiantly at Dominic with all the might I could muster. A smile suddenly danced on his lip.

"As you were" Dominic waved.

A sudden relaxation spread through my body, at the permission of the Alpha. It was humiliating that my body would rather listen to his command than my own will but I didn't let it show. If Jai was too tired or down bad to fight, I had to pick up the slack.

By going ignoring him and going back to my shopping.

I pulled up another shirt and checked it against the mirror. It was a hideous snake print that I wouldn't have ever picked out for myself but I pretended like it was all I wanted to try on.

"This is a dressing room." I said admiring my shirt in the mirror.

"I know." Dominic said with a smile again.

Why is he smiling?

"So do you mind? I want to change." I glared at him.

Suddenly a frown materialised on his brow which sent shivers down my spine. He got up and slowly dragged his feet up to me, as I stood rooted in my place unable to move. He got up close to me and brought a hand up to my neck, making me flinch and brace for the worst.