Chapter 28

Jai's POV

Warmth

That was all I felt when I regained consciousness. I found myself wrapped in a blanket like a burrito with the softest pillow supporting my head. The room smelt like comfort like a pair of the ugliest socks that your Grandma knits for you which keep your feet toasty no matter the weather.

I rubbed my legs like a cricket, basking in the comfort of my position. Just me, my pillow, my blanket and my King-size bed.

King-sized bed?

My eyes flew open as I woke up with a start and scanned my surroundings. I was in an old room large room with gothic architecture. The furniture was sleek but simple. The most elaborate thing in the room was the fireplace which was surprisingly in baroque style with black structure and golden inlay (I love buildings). It was a room completely foreign to me yet didn't make my senses alert which ironically bothered me so much that I was alert regardless.

I pushed back the covers and went to the large mirror that stood in the corner near the fireplace. I sheepishly looked at my reflection in the mirror.

I had expected to find a puffy eyed swollen faced tired version of me but I was wrong. I looked absolutely stunning. Like my skin was dewey and supple, my hair was even silkier and dense, my cheeks carried a permanent red tint and my eyes? They looked large and shiney like I had dropped vats of belladonna in them. The sunshine through the window bounced off of me accentuating my already glowing brown complexion.

Even in times of turmoil I am serving.

I touched my face as I simply couldn't believe something so pretty could exist. Sadly, like all good things a boy had ruined my perfect skin as well.

Dominic's mark was resting very comfortably on the junction of my neck and clavicle. It was a deep purple-crimson bruise which currently was a mound as the swelling had not subsided. This one looked more intentional more complete while the last one felt piece-meal. The tiny holes where he had sunk his fangs in were completely healed just the colour remained. Something told me it wouldn't wash off ever. I sighed in resignation.

I suppose I'll have to get used to it.

As I ran back the events in my mind I remembered Dominic's venom forcing its way into my system and the last vision I saw was my father looking at me with utter devastation on his face.

DAD!! WTF HAPPENED TO HIM.

I turned around in panic towards the one big door in the room. Thankfully it was open so I pushed it aside and ran outside. I could trace hints of Dominic's smokey scent so I followed it which led me to....lo and behold another room!

Call me Belle the way I be running from room to room in a medieval castle with the anxiety levels of someone being hunted for sport.

I pried open the door and peeked in. Dominic was standing with his palms on the table studying some documents. He still had on his white shirt which burgeoned under the weight of his muscles. He had a concentrated look on his face like something was troubling him. He was tapping his knuckle and biting his lip like he was really torn up over that piece of paper.

"WHERE'S MY DAD YOU ASSHOLE!" I thundered into the room causing him to look up at me. He looked at me surprised and taken back for a second. I could see his eyes looking me up and down.

"Good Morning to you too" he said nonchalantly standing upright and crossing his hands across his chest. His eyes were black as night.

There's something weird about him.