Chapter 32

Dominic's POV

He's actually here.

I thought to myself reassuringly as I stared at him sitting across me at dinner. We'd not spoken since he came back because there was simply too much to get done. He had his door installed in his room which I must say was an exquisite wood carving and the sandalwood scent of it blended wonderfully with his rich earthy Jasmine aroma.

Which just drives me crazy.

Crazy enough to try to kill his father. Crazy enough to rip his shirt in front of everyone to show them he's marked. Crazy enough to have his brother thrown into imprisonment. Crazy enough to Mark him without making love to him.

It was the last part that I regretted deeply. But when his stupid father threatened to take him away from me, something in my mind just snapped. I just wanted to bash his skull into the ground and beat the living daylights out of him. I remember just red hot rage pumping through my veins and Darius thirsting for the blood of the wolf who threatened to keep my Omega from me.

And I would have gladly quenched his thirst if Jai hadn't intervened on his behalf. The Omega had sneakily made an open show of begging for his father's life, effectively ensuring that unless I wanna give off the appearance of a mad wolf who wouldn't listen to his mate, I couldn't touch his father. But Darius' and my pride was on the line. A point still had to be made.

So I looked Abhijeet dead in the eyes as I lifted Jai up in my arms and marked him right on the spot. Pumping him full of my venom as his agony filled screams echoed in the great hall. He resisted a bit but the pain soon knocked him out. I carried him over to my throne and sat down with him curled unconscious in my lap.

He's mine.

In hindsight while it did satiate my anger, knowing that I brought down so much pain on my mate tore me up on the inside.

He'll pull through. Nyx is strong. Darius said.

And it's all cause of his brainless father.

I had decided to execute him regardless, for his disrespect. His son too for good measure. But Jai seemed hell bent on saving them so they must have meant a great deal to him. He'd never forgive me.

He's an Omega. It's his nature to be forgiving. Nyx will understand.

But will Jai understand?

Eventually I convinced him to come take his position as Luna in exchange for his family and he had intelligently chosen to submit. His meagre demands seemed an indisputable proof of his servitude and submission despite all the pain I had inflicted on him. His little PR stunt had worked on the court who seemed charmed by their young beautiful, intelligent and subservient Luna.

Little did they know that he had threatened the continuation of the entire royal line to get what he wanted.

The audacity of this Omega.

"Your Majesty" Jai spoke up nervously.

"Yes?"

"You're staring."

"Does that unnerve you?"

He looked up to make eye contact with me as if to prove that it didn't unnerve him but his lips belied his anxiety. I could hear his heartbeat pacing and fear shining through his eyes yet he managed to maintain his composure.

Not bad at all.

"I was hoping to discuss some arrangements of our matehood" he said looking down at his plate. Defying my gaze was clearly exhausting and he couldn't speak up and keep up his show of resilience at the same time.