14: Pluto Projector

~The final hour in the basement~

Finney hung up the phone and cut the cord.

"No more calls?" Rosita asked.

"No more calls." Finney replied. He walked away and went into the hall. He began filling the phone with dirt. "Is this the plan?" She asked blankly. Finney was quiet for a moment before answering her question. "Yeah." Rosita took a deep breath.

Finney walked over to the phone and sat his little rocket flashlight on top of it. The basement light turned on, and the door opened slowly.

Finney gripped the phone tightly in his right hand. The door opened. They expected the Grabbed but were greeted with a different face.

"No fucking way." The man exclaimed. "I knew that he was hiding something from me down here, but holy Mary, mother of God." "Please, help." Finney said. "C-Can you call my dad? Call my sister?" Finney said desperately as he walked towards the man. "Oh, listen. Don't worry, he's not here. He-he had to go into work." The man said. "Uh, I'm Max, man. Stay-stay calm." He introduced himself. "No wonder he was freaking out this morning. Hey, you want to know the story about how I found you, man?" "No, no, no, no," Finney said. "Hey, no, no, no. Don't worry about it. We can talk about this..."

The Grabbed slammed an axe into Max's head. Finney screamed, and Rosita was in shock. She went to push Finney behind her as they backed up.

"Look what you made me do." The Grabber said. "You made me kill my brother." "No." Finney said, panting. "It wasn't me. I..." "He was an idiot." The Grabber said. "But he was my idiot." He walked over to Max. "I'm sorry, Max. Now I'm gonna have to put you with the others." The Grabber sighed. "Looks like you'll find those naughty boys after all." He pulled the axe out of Max's head.

The Grabber walked to the door. "What's up with the phone, huh?" He asked. "I told you it doesn't work!" He yelled. The Grabber stared. "Normally, I would use a knife." He said. "But you are special, Finney. I'm gonna take my time. I want this to really hurt. Samson!" He called out.

A dog barked and came down the stairs. Rosita's breath became shaky at the sight of the dog.

He chained the dog up in the corner before approaching Finney and Rosita with the blood covered axe.

He laughed before swinging at them.

Finney ran down the hall, jumping over the hole. The Grabber ran down the hall, and Finney pulled the cable.

He fell into the hole Finney had dug and broke his ankle. The Grabber tried to get a hold of Finney, but he hit him in the face with the phone.

Finney hit him again and again until the fourth time when The Grabber got him. Finney ripped his mask off, causing the Grabber to scream and cover his face.

Finney hit him three more times before using the cord of the phone to take the Grabber's life.

He pulled the cord tight. The phone rang. "It's for you." Finney told him.

"Welcome to the nightmare end of your pathetic little life." Vance said.

"You don't have much time." Griffen told him. "Today's the day, motherfucker." Vance said.

"I can't kill you, you hijo de puta, so Finn is gonna do it for me." Robin said.

"Finn's arm is mint!" Bruce said.

Finney tugged on the cord hard and broke the Grabber's neck.

The dog barked loudly.

Finney went over to the freezer and grabbed a steak. He threw it, and the dog went over to it. He turned around and looked at Rosita. She nodded, and he walked up the stairs.

It was when Finney walked outside and hugged his little sister Gwen that he realized he was alone all along.

Whatever the Grabber had sprayed in his face that day he was taken caused him to believe Rosita was in the basement with him instead of on the phone.

Little did Finney Blake know Albert "The Grabber" Shaw saw Rosita Arellano as well.

(Old enough to understand)