9: Atlantis

Once again, Robin was being carried over the Grabbers shoulder, and Rosita was being dragged down the stairs by her right wrist.

Her head thumped on the steps. Robin was placed on the bed, and Rosita was placed next to it. Robin woke up, his head throbbing in pain. He blinked, trying to think and see straight. He didn't see Rosita on the bed and began to panic.

He sighed of relief seeing her passed out on the floor next to him. He got off the bed and tried to pick up Rosita to put her on the bed.

He succeeded and laid on her chest, waiting for her to wake up. Rosita's eyes fluttered open.

She felt weight on her chest, not realizing it was her little brother. He didn't have his bandana on his head. The Grabber must have taken it off, or it fell off.

She wrapped her arms around Robin. He realized she was awake and wrapped his arms around her ribs tightly.

She let out a quiet hiss of pain, trying not to scare Robin. Her ribs were bruised and broken.

The Grabber came back downstairs and left a tray with a plate of eggs and 2 glass bottles on it in the middle of the floor.

Rosita walked over and picked up the tray. She sat on the side of the mattress. Robin was asleep.

She ate a piece of the egg, making sure it was okay for Robin to eat. It tasted normal.

She took a sip out of both bottles, and they also tasted the same.

She sat the tray on the floor next to the mattress and shook Robin.

"Robin. Wake up." Robin shot up thinking something was happening. "Hey, hey, it's okay. There's food and soda. It tasted fine to me. I wanted to make sure it was drugged or something." Rosita handed Robin the plate, and he began to shove pieces of egg into his mouth. "Careful. You'll choke." Rosita said, handing him a bottle.

He took a sip and then slowly looked at the bottle in his hand. "What?" Rosita asked, taking a sip of her soda.

"We can use these as a weapon! The tray and plate, too! We can get out!" Rosita knew Robin's idea would get him killed. "No." "What?" "No, Robin. If we're getting out of here, we're getting out of here alive." Robin drank his soda again.

After a while, they heard the door unlock. It was dark, so they could only see his dark silhouette shadow in the doorway.

Robin didn't listen to Rosita and threw the empty soda bottles, plate, and tray at the Grabber.

The glass broke loudly on the floor.

Rosita pushed Robin behind her on the mattress.

"Who did that!?" The Grabber asked madly. "Huh? Who!?" Robin spoke up. "It-" Rosita cut him off. "It was me."

They saw his head turn to the side and walk through the door.

Some light from upstairs and the small light by the door light up the right side of his body. "Don't lie." Rosita noticed he was holding something but couldn't make out what. "It was me."

The Grabber walked over to the Arellano's and grabbed Rosita's jacket tight, and threw her on the floor. He stood above her. "Don't lie!" The Grabber yelled. "It. Was. Me." Rosita looked at Robin. The door was open. The Grabber was distracted. "Go!" Rosita yelled, kicking the Grabber in the groin and pushing him down.

Robin went running up the stairs when a big dog came down them. "Samson!" The Grabber yelled in pain on the floor.

The dog launched at Robin, biting his hand a little.

Robin tried to push the dog away, but it wouldn't let up.

Rosita tried to run and help Robin, but she was pulled back by her hair and shoved to the ground by the Grabber, who was still in pain.

He tried to stab Rosita, but he missed and cut her upper arm by her shoulder.

Robin jumped on the Grabber's back, making them both fall. The Grabber turned and put Robin in a chokehold. He shuffled, so his back was against the wall, and he held a knife to Robin's throat. "Who. Threw. The stuff. At me!?" The Grabber asked, holding the knife closer to Robin's throat.

Rosita laid on her stomach, trying to crawl to Robin. "It was me." The Grabber cut Robin's arm like he did Rosita. "It was me!" Rosita said through tears. Silence filled the room. "Liar." "No! It was me! No!"

The Grabber stabbed Robin in his stomach. "No!" He threw Robin to the side, and Rosita crawled over to him. "No, no, no." Rosita cried harder as her baby brother was dying in her arms. "I should have listened. We should have gone the other way." Robin told Rosita, beginning to cough up blood.

Her baby brother's body went limp in her arms. "Robin. Robin!" She tried to shake him awake, but he wouldn't wake up. "No! No! Don't do this to me, Amor! Come on! Wake up! Please!" Rosita held Robin tight in her arms and cried into his hair. Her voice softened and lowered. "Please." She moved hair out of his face. She sat his body down and kissed his forehead and whispered something into his hair. "I'm gonna kill him."

She sat up on her knees and looked at the Grabber, who was by the dog in the doorway.

She stood up and took a couple of steps and was a foot away from the man.

He ran towards her with the knife, and she fought back. Kicking, punching, biting.

Every way she knew how to fight. The Grabber pushed her down by her throat and held the knife to her right cheek. "Who really threw the stuff?" There was no point in sticking to her lie, but she still did. "It was me." The Grabber cut her face. "If you say so." The Grabber moved the knife from her face and got off of her.

She went to sit up, but the Grabber sliced her side, making her fall back to the ground in pain.

Her blood painted the cold cement floor.

She said, "In my heart and in my head
Tell me why this has to end
Oh, no, oh, no"
I can't save us, my Atlantis, we fall