Chapter 45: Hidden Husband

Start from the beginning

He started to sweat bullets. "Who's Chi?" He questioned uncertain as to where my wrath was coming from.

"My cloudfox and best friend! Next time you see her you better apologize or I'll never speak to you again." I take my hands from his and cross my arms.

"Of course! Whatever you want! Grr," He agreed before pulling me into another hug. My arms were still crossed as his wrapped around me once more in a tight-ish embrace.

"How do I know I can believe you?" I question, using a wavering voice.

"Grr, I promise!" He declared.

I hum in thought. " I heard that forehead kisses are seals of promises, so how about you seal your promise to prove it." I suggest, looking up at him with a hopeful expression.

"Grr, as you wish, my bride." He then started to lean his head down in my direction.

I closed my eyes to concentrate on using my copying ability. His lips made contact with my forehead, right above my left eye from the position that he was still holding me in. His mouth was surprisingly soft and the touch tickled from the whiskers on his face.

I could feel my devil fruit ability latch onto Absalom's right where his lips met my forehead. I could feel my power pull his slowly through my body, but it was at a snail's pace. Normally, I could copy an ability completely in a few seconds to a couple of minutes, but at the rate it was going I would need all day. At least it's working.

Absalom finished the kiss before placing his forehead on mine instead. "That is my seal to prove my promise that I will only be loyal to you once you are my wife, grr." His eyes then bore into mine. "And this next one is to show my eagerness for our wedding." He then started to close the distance again.

Wait, what?! He's trying to kiss me on the lips?! This wasn't in the plan."

The door was then hastily pushed open.

"Absalom-sama! Absalom-sama!" A bat-like zombie entered the room.

The door suddenly opening startled Absalom away from me, saving me from the unwanted kiss. Talk about timing. Whew.

"Grr! What is it Hildon?" He irritably asks.

"Master-sama has summoned the Mysterious Three." The bat-zombie now deemed Hildon informed the beast man.

"Very well." Absalom answered before turning to me. "I'll be back soon for our wedding ceremony. Stay here until then." He told me.

I nodded in agreement, pretending to be obedient. "I'll be waiting for you to return." I respond with a closed eye smile. Waiting to give him a good whack for hurting Chi and drugging me more like.

"Grr, I knew you were the one for me." He then turned back to Hildon. "Let's go." He ordered before walking out the door, followed by the fat bat zombie.

Since I couldn't leave right after then, I decided to look around the room for my things. There were only a few pieces of furniture. There was a small table, a couch, and a coffee table. Everything was draped in a white drop cloth though, keeping the future safe from dust and other dirt.

The coffee table had a couple of budges under the cloth though, which formed a familiar silhouette. He wouldn't be that stupid would he?

I walk over and remove the cloth, revealing both my sword and my leg pouch that held my senbon needles. I guess he is. I giggle as I strap my bag back on my leg underneath my dress.

Sadly, my clothes are still missing, so I'll have to stay in the wedding dress. Unfortunately that also meant that my belt was missing, meaning that I would have to carry my sword instead of strapping it to my waist.