Jill puts her hands on his shoulders.

"You didn't let anything happen, Peter. You fought to save innocent people and put away people the right way, because that is what you do. What you have always done. You are not a murderer, you are a hero."

As the two shed tears together, the two friends hug.

Later, when Peter walks outside of the hospital, he sees Andrea approaching the front entrance. The two walk towards each and share a hug.

"I just heard what happened, are you ok?" Peter asks.

"Yeah. Yeah I'm ok. How's Jill?" She asks.

Peter hesitates for a moment.

"She'll be ok. She just needs- time."

Andrea sighs, holding Peter even tighter. As Peter has a conflicted look on his face. Andrea then looks at him with a smile.

"I have to tell you something... When I was up there. And I thought that I was gonna die. There was only one person that I was thinking of. It was you Pete."

She puts her hand on Peter's face.

"I kept thinking... I hope I make it through this. So I can see Peter Parkers face one more time."

Peter can't help but smile when he hears this.

"You are the only man. To ever make me feel... Like I'm more than I ever thought I could be. That I'm just... Me. And that's ok... I love you."

Peter is shocked when he hears those three words.

"I love you so much, Peter."

Andrea kisses Peter passionately then the two stare into each others eyes. At that moment, all Peter ever wanted was to tell her how much he loved her. But after everything that happened with The Goblin, it proves what he has been saying. That no matter what he does. No matter how hard he tries. The one's he loves, will always be the ones who pay.

"I can't." Peter finally says.

Andrea is confused.

"You can't what?" She asks.

"Tell you...Everything... There's just- so much to tell." Peter says.

Andrea smiles.

"Yeah. There's so much to tell."

Peter then grabs her hand.

"I want you to know. That I will always be there for you. I will always be there to take care of you. I promise you that... I will always be- your friend." Peter says.

Andrea is visibly upset about this.

"Only a friend-Peter Parker?" She asks while tear falls down her cheek.

"That's all I have to give."

As Peter watches Andrea cry, his heart breaks but he holds in the pain and walks away. While he walks away, a single tear falls down his face.

"No matter what I do... No matter how hard I try... The ones I love... Will always be the ones who pay." He thinks to himself.

That night Peter stands in the cave alone, staring at the Spider-Bat suit. Ben soon joins the young man, putting his hand on his shoulder.

"Peter. Are you alright?" He asks.

Peter doesn't answer, continues to stare at his suit.

"I'll be honest, sir. I'm not sure if what you did was right or not. But I do know it was hard for you to do. But of course you do realize that you won't be able to get rid of me that easily, Master Peter."

Peter smiles at his butler, but then looks up and sees the Spider-Bat signal in the sky.

"The city is calling, sir." Ben says.

Peter nods as he grabs his suit.

"Whatever life holds in store for me. I will never forget these words. With great power, comes great responsibility. This is my gift. And my curse... I'm Spider-Bat." He says to Ben.

Minutes later, Spider-Bat jumps out of the cave and web swings through the city that he is determined to protect. Still standing. Still fighting. Still strong.