MASTER OF DECEPTION AND RIDDLES

Peter looks at the tech he found on the bridge. He puts it down and rubs his face, unsure of how it works. He then looks over and sees Andrea's number next to him. Peter thinks about calling her, but hesitates actually doing it.

"Is something wrong, Master Parker?" Ben asks.

Peter quickly hides the number.

"Uh, no. Just trying to figure out how Mysteriddle's machine works. I've never seen anything like it."

Ben reaches over and grabs Andrea's number.

"Maybe you are distracted by this, sir." Ben says with a smirk.

Peter sighs.

"You know nothing can happen with us, Ben."

"Of course something can happen. You're just afraid to let it, sir."

Peter doesn't say anything.

"Peter, your life hasn't been the easiest. You've lost a lot of people that you care about. That has made you- closed off to everyone, except your old butler. Loosing people we care about is always a risk. But we don't let that stop us from living."

Peter thinks to himself for a moment, taking Ben's words to heart. He then gets an idea about what to do about the device.

"Hold that thought, Ben. There's someone I can go to about this thing." He says as he leaves the cave.

Later, Peter walks into the New York City Public Library. He looks around, finally seeing Jill organizing books.

"Hey Jill."

"Pete, hi. Have you finished that Stan Lee novel already?"

"No, I'm still reading it. I was actually hoping to get your opinion on some tech."

"Oh, tech advice, huh? It's been awhile since I've been asked that."

Peter chuckles.

"Well, I remember how good you were when comes to technology, and computers. I remember you used to hack into the NYPD systems just for fun."

The two laugh.

"Yeah uncle George was so proud. And a little mad. So what do you need?" Jill asks.

Peter slowly pulls out Mysteriddle's machine.

"Well I just wanted your opinion on this thing. Maybe tell me what it is?"

Jill puts on her glasses and studies the device.

"Well by itself, it's not much. But from what I can tell, it's fires off an electrical blast. It even has a serial number on it, where did you find this anyway?" Jill asks.

"Well I-"

Before Peter can answer, a news report about a bomb threat at the New York City Bank.

"Woah, seems like there's always something going on in this city, am I right?"

When Jill turns around, she sees that Peter is gone without a word.