CITY OF OWLS

As the Talons try to open the door, the temperature starts to lower slowly.

"He's trying to freeze us, brothers." One of the Talons says.

Spider-Bat drops down behind them, glaring intensely.

"Get the hell out of my house." Peter demands.

One of the Talons throws a slow punch that Peter easily blocks, knocking him out with a right hook. Another one slowly runs towards the hero and gets kicked in the chest and knocked back into the wall. Peter then shoots out a web net, trapping the last two Talons against the wall.

"Uncle Ben, Give me the names that the owls haven't got to yet."  Peter says, web swinging out of the cave.

"I'm afraid there's not a lot of names left alive, sir."

Peter is silently angry at both the court and himself for not being there.

"Patch me through to Stacy."

Peter is patched through to Commissioner Stacy.

"Stacy, the Court of Owls are making there move."

"I've noticed, we've got reports that people dressed as Owls around the city, leaving nothing but blood and carnage. We're trying our best to protect who we can, but without targets names we're just chasing smoke."

"I'm sending over a list of targets. You and the NYPD need to protect them, I'll protect the others. This ends tonight."

"Copy that."

Peter hangs up and calls Ben back.

"Lincoln Smythe is on this list.  That's where I'm going first."

Soon Peter lands infront of Smythe's home. He sees the door cracked open. The hero carefully walks through the dark home, searching for Lincoln.

"Mr. Smythe! I'm here to help you!" Peter yells.

He walks upstairs and enters a room, where he sees a dead Talon on the ground and Lincoln holding a smoking gun, with a knife in his chest.

"It's...you."

Peter rushes over and tries to help Lincoln.

"You're going to be alright, Mr. Smythe. An ambulance will be here at any moment."

Lincoln slowly reaches into his pocket and gives it to Peter.

"Listen....take this....three names...all three of them are in the court of owls... give it to Peter Parker.... tell him... you have to tell him, to fight them. This city... it's worth it. It can be good again."

Lincoln then dies Peter closes his eyes, saddened that he couldn't save him. The hero soon realizes that he can't mourn the loss for long, as there is more people that he needs to save.

Meanwhile, a man named Burton Crowne cowers in fear, holding his wife and son as multiple Talons surround them.

"Burton Crowne, the Court has sentenced you to death." One of the Talons says.