Chapter 8: The end ALTERNATIVE

GUYS I MADE A MISTAKE, not me writing the saddest ending ever to find out 2021 me already made an happy fluffy ending tf. its giving stupid. anyways for the sad ending, here is an alternative. I THOUGHT the story ended with Denki sleeping in his bed so that is the scenario of this ending. more notes down below ty.

edit: OKAY LAST EDIT. I have decided this is the ending if Shinsou and the Dekusquad didn't find out about his s*lf h*rming, meaning he is still in bed, still sleeping.

In his dreams, Denki wasn't forgotten. He smiled happily when his friend group arrived at the cinema, when they picked their favorite snacks. The watched the best movies, some funny, some scary, a romcom to satisfy Mina (and secretly Kirishima). The laughed, talked, made Denki feel happy. Make him feel worth it. Worth it to be around, to have fun with, to start a conversation with. The didn't shame the blond when he misunderstood a situation or didn't get the joke the first time it was told. They cared for him and not for his indifferences. This feeling made all the hours he worked, all the time he took to understand situation faster worth it. He was worth it.

Of course this was a dream.

Denki still feels the awful feeling his 'friends' left behind. How they hadn't even abandoned him, but instead didn't show up at all. How his 'friends' changed their tone when they needed to explain the joke again or how their expressions differed. How they laughed together, not with him, but most of the time about him. They made him feel little, a child no one wants to play with, the outcast. They made him feel worthless. He had no purpose, he had no talent, no personality. He wasn't kind, he was annoying and childish. He is worthless.

He wished he could stay in this dream forever, never wake up. Have his friends care about him and make him be included. A friend group that doesn't talk behind his back, make fun of him and meet up without him. His birthday once again made him realize how stupid he is. How could he actually believe that 'his friends' are his friends? How could he be so ridiculously stupid to think that they wouldn't abandon him, not embarrass him. He should've known. He is always going to be an outcast.

Unfortunately Denki did wake up. Thinking of his birthday made him sick, made him want to puke. Tears streamed down the neck of the blonde and didn't stop flowing.

Three knocks on his door, the sound loudly banging through his head. Denki wiped his tears with his sleeve and put on his fake smile. He isn't going to make the same mistakes again. He will not trust someone, anyone.

"Denki can we come in?" A voice said.

"Yes of course come in! I look a bit rough, just got out of bed." Denki said, hiding the internal pain he is feeling right now.

The door opened and five people walked in with a cake. "I know it's not the best cake but we still wanted you to have cake on your birthday!"

Denki gave them a very obvious fake smile, "well thank you, you shouldn't have."

"And we got you presents." someone else said.

"Ahw thank you so much, I would love to open them but I am a bit tired. Do you guys find it okay if we do presents and cake later?" Denki wasn't tired, he was sad. He didn't want to feel this feeling, he doesn't want to celebrate his birthday ever again.

"Of course no problem, just text us when you're awake" she said with a smile.

"I will, sorry for not doing it right now."

"What? It's your birthday, you can decide whatever you want. You can sleep all you want, sleep well Denki." The boy said, many followed him with "rest well" or "goodnight".

They walked out of the door, and the blonde was alone. Again, alone with his thoughts. Again, alone on his birthday and probably all the birthday's after this one.

...

"He didn't seem tired to me." Uraraka said, with a concerned look.

"He definitely wasn't. But if being alone is what he wants right now we need to respect that." Midoriya says.

"I agree with Midoriya-kun, we need to respect his boundaries." Iida says.

They all agreed, all sad they couldn't fulfill Denki's birthday (or what's left of it) with joy.

...

The End.

_____

HEY LOVELY HUMAN BEINGS, haven't spoken with you in a while, how have you been?

Probably your first question: WHERE IS THE HAPPY ENDING?!?!?!? And my answer: I couldn't write a happy ending to this story, even though i promised one, with how i have written this there was no possible way to make this happy. It's angst, and unfortunately a bit too much to make it happy again. (I am so stupid istg)

Prob the second question: WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG TO WRITE THIS STUPID ENDING?? Answer: When I started writing this I was maybe 13? I first hated my writing style, so when I finally found motivation to write again, it was to rewrite all the chapters ( this was when I was like 14 or something) When I was 14 I stepped out of this fandom and at the same time stopped writing. And I wrote this because my head finally gave me ideas to have an actual ending to the story. (WELL STUPID 14YO ME ALREADY WROTE THE ENDING DUMB A$$)

ANYWAYS I LOVE YOU GUYS SO SO MUCH idk who read the fic and genuinely thought "wow this is written like normal by someone who can write" but if you did!! I do not believe you BUT THANK YOU ANYWAYS.

I have seen the ummm reading numbers go up a lot, I am very grateful for that. Again I hope you have an amazing day, sorry this ending prob wasn't the one you expected, thanks for reading anyways :D.

See you probably never again 💋 Oh also if you read every chapter and every note that I made you have read 10.815 words. Damn that is not a lot. I expected more, anyways this about is 1/10 of an average book (which is 100k btw)

~Loves Gwibby